Puckett's Mill Elementary
Car Rider Requirements & Procedures
I have read the car rider guidelines of Puckett’s Mill Elementary School. I understand and agree to abide by the following procedures:
• I agree to turn off my car engine in the car rider line if I arrive before 7:45 AM or 2:45 PM
• I agree not to use a cell phone during drop off or pick up.
• I agree to have my car rider number, (the actual tag issued by the front office), when picking up my child in the car rider area. If I do not have my tag, I will park in the side parking lot, come to the front office to show my ID and receive a slip to receive my child.
• I agree not to drop off my child before 7:45 AM each morning unless he/she is involved in a club.
• I agree to drop my child in the designated car rider area.
• I understand the car rider line will be closed at 8:15 AM. I realize this means the car rider doors will be closed and locked at 8:15 AM each morning. I agree to park on the side lot and go to the front office if I arrive after 8:15 AM for drop off.
• I agree not to drive through the front entrance for drop off as this is reserved for bus arrival and fire lane.
• I understand that the students arriving after 8:15 AM are tardy and must be signed in by a parent.
• I understand that dismissal begins at 2:45 PM and ends at 3:15 PM. If I am late, I agree to pick up my student in the front office and sign him/her out. I understand I will need to bring a picture ID.
Drop Off Procedures
Important Safety Reminders
- Please ensure that your child is sitting in a passenger seat closest to the sidewalk to allow a safe exit from your vehicle. Students can only walk around the car IF the parent exits the vehicle and escorts the student to the sidewalk.
- If your car is between the RED and YELLOW stars (as marked on the above map), please have your student exit the vehicle and proceed to the side doors to enter the building. This allows the maximum number of students to exit at one time. Do not hold your student/students in your car to drop at the door. If you are between the Red and Yellow stars, students must exit the vehicle to maintain efficiency in school operations. Please be mindful that everyone is on a schedule – parents and bus drivers – and by not following these instructions, you will negatively impact others.
- Please refrain from parking in the side lot to avoid a long line or to rush your child into school on time. This creates a safety hazard for students walking across the car rider line and slows down the car rider process.
- If you are helping your child carry supplies, projects, or other special items, please park your car in the side parking lot and enter through the front entrance of the school. Please bring your identification and follow visitor check-in procedures.
- Please do not park in designated handicapped parking unless you are authorized to do so.
- Car rider line closes at 8:15 a.m. Students arriving after that time must be walked by a parent to the front office for check-in.
Pick Up Procedures
Important Safety Reminders
- Please pull your vehicle all the way up to the front of the line (marked by the RED star on the above map) to allow the maximum number of students to enter vehicles at one time.
- Please ensure that your child enters the vehicle on the passenger side closest to the sidewalk to allow a safe entrance into your vehicle. Students can only walk around the car IF the parent exits the vehicle and escorts the student.
- Car rider tags must be displayed. If you do not have a car rider tag, please park your vehicle and come to the front office to check out your student. Identification is required when checking out a student. **Car rider tags are available at the front desk. The first tag is free. All additional tags needed can be purchased for $5 each.
- Car rider line closes at 3:15 p.m. Parents arriving after that time must report to the front office to check out their student. Identification is required when checking out a student.