2020 E-SPLOST Information
On November 3, 2020, Gwinnett County voters passed a resolution to continue an E-SPLOST (education special purpose local option sales tax) as the primary funding mechanism for the district's next five-year capital plan (The Plan 2022-27).
Key facts about the approved 2020 E-SPLOST:
- The anticipated sales tax revenue is $984 million (By law, Buford City Schools would receive $27.5 million based on their student enrollment, leaving GCPS with $957 million.)
- The Plan: 2022-27 includes the following (E-SPLOST Project List):
- Projects include 1 new school (a middle school in the Archer Cluster) and seven additions and renovations (Archer High School; Central Gwinnett High School; Gwinnett School of Mathematics, Science, and Technology; Harbins Elementary School; North Gwinnett High School; Shiloh Middle School; and Trickum Middle school
- Technology upgrades systemwide, including a refresh of technology at all schools. Click here to see what technology is planned for future needs.
- Digital instructional resources and other instructional materials and textbooks
- Systemwide facility improvements including roofing and HVAC and building improvements
- Purchase of school buses to replace older, less-efficient vehicles
The information below was provided to our taxpayer prior to the E-SPLOST referendum in November of 2020: