Senior Advisement Handbook
The Senior Advisement Handbook is designed to help you navigate your post-secondary options. Programs and procedures are described briefly to give you an overview. We feel the best way to achieve our goals is through a collaborative effort with students, parents, and community stakeholders. We are here to provide information, guidance, and support to help you make the most of your high school experience.
Click HERE for the GOC Senior Advisement Lesson.
Click HERE to view your GOC Senior Advisement Handbook.
Click HERE to view a letter to Full-Time GOC Seniors from your counselor.
Request a GCPS Transcript
How do I get my GCPS transcript?
- Transcripts are available electronically for free for any student who will attend a Georgia college through the GAFutures website.
- If you would like to access your transcript though GA Futures, you must have all of your information correctly uploaded to your GA Futures profile, including full legal name, place of residence and social security number.
- Transcripts can also be sent through the Naviance platform to colleges both in and outside of the state of Georgia. For instructions on sending your transcripts via Naviance, click HERE.
- Students need to fill out the Transcript Request form in its entirety and follow the procedures indicated on the form to have their transcripts sent directly to the college or for pick up by the student.
- If you graduated more than 2 years ago, please contact the GCPS County Records Office for your transcript at 678-301-6144.
Applying to College Using Common App
GOC Students - during your junior year, please make sure to begin your college research. Collegiate campus tours are scheduled a variety of ways so make sure to check the websites.
To make life easier for you, create a spreadsheet of your desired colleges and include application date deadlines, when acceptances are announced, etc...
We want to help you get into the college of your choice so please make sure you plan early. Please email your counselor if you need further information.
Request a Letter of Recommendation
If you are a senior needing a letter of recommendation from your counselor, please complete the "It's Time Packet" found in Naviance.Once you log in, follow these steps:
Notify your counselor via email regarding the specifics of the letter you are requesting. Also, please notify your counselor as soon as your packet is complete so that we can begin your letter. Please allow us 2 weeks to prepare the letter.Please note that if you need the letter for any reason outside of Naviance or other digital upload, you may pick up a copy of the completed letter in a sealed envelope to send to the college or scholarship opportunity. For validity sake, you should not open the envelope before submitting to the college.Many colleges will not require a recommendation letter from your counselor, so please make sure that it is required before filling out the form and submitting.Please reach out to your counselor with any questions.
- Click on the round drop down with your initials
- Click on "Surveys from Your School"
- Click on "It's Time Packet"
GA Futures Account
GOC Juniors and Seniors - please make sure you have created your login to GA Futures so that you can view your HOPE GPA - this determines if you receive assistance for college.
*Please contact your counselor.