Our Students Need You

  • Our Students


Earned a Bachelor’s degree with 2.5 GPA and interested in Teaching?

  • Here are the basic steps to be eligible for a provisional teaching certificate:

    Go to Georgia Professional Standards Commission (GaPSC) website, www.gapsc.com and in the upper right-hand corner click on MyPSC REGISTER and follow the steps to create your certification account. From your MyPSC account is where you will complete the requirements listed below:

    1. Pass (or exempt*) the GACE Program Admission (Basic Skills) Test

      For information on GACE tests, testing materials, registration dates, go to http://gace.ets.org

      *Exempt the PAA Requirements with ONE of the following:

    • SAT 1000 (Math + Verbal) or
    • ACT 43 (Math + Verbal) or
    • GRE 1030 (Verbal + Quantitative) if taken before August 1, 2011
    • GRE 297 (Verbal+Quantitative) if taken after August 1, 2011
    1. You must be able to provide an official score report reflecting your exemption scores

    2. Pass a GACE Content Assessment Test in a teaching field* This is the subject field that you wish to teach.
      • *If already certified, elementary education may not be added as a certification field.  Candidates interested in adding elementary education as a certification to an existing certificate would need to enroll in a Master’s level teaching program that includes student teaching.
      • *Those interested in teaching Special Education who hold a bachelor’s degree (2.5 GPA) in any subject field may be eligible to be hired after completing Steps 1 & 2. If hired, a GACE Sp. Ed. content test would need to be passed prior to hire or asap.
    3. Pass the GACE Ethics ENTRY 350 Test

    Upon completion of above steps, where applicable, complete your online application at http://www.gcpsjobs.org and upload GACE results (or exemption documentation) and official college transcript (under the Supplemental Materials Category of the online application), add 2 current supervisory email addresses and send out the reference survey forms within your online application. References from friends/co-workers are not acceptable.

    If a job offer is made, a provisional certificate is issued for one year and you must enroll into a GaPSC approved teacher preparation program in the field you are teaching to be able to extend the provisional certificate for two additional years. GaPSC approved programs are available at www.gapsc.com and under Popular Links click Approved Programs. Select your certification field in the drop down box for a list of all approved programs; Bachelor, Master’s and TAPP programs.

    Your program options are:


    Enroll in a Master’s in Teaching (MAT) at a regionally accredited college or university that includes student teaching and certification. (Check with HR to make sure the college you select has a signed a Memorandum of Understanding with GCPS if you wish to complete student teaching in the district).


    Enroll in a Georgia TAPP program (Teacher Alternative Preparation Program) for certification only


    Watch this video to understand the steps for getting Provisional certification 

    Want to search for a career now? Click to get started...




  • “I believe all teachers should strive to be that special teacher every single day for all students.” In her three years at Parkview High School, Mrs. Campbell has overseen a journalism program that has grown from 14 students to nearly 60 and a student newspaper that progressed from floundering to award-winning.
    Heidi Campbell
    2019 GCPS Teacher of the Year
    Parkview High School

Choose your area of expertise

  • Choose your area of expertise
    We’re committed to filling our 140 schools with teachers who are passionate, innovative, and driven to help our students receive the world-class education they deserve. View all open positions for certified teachers or get more information about our critical needs openings in the following areas:

  • Math
  • Science
  • Special Education
  • Speech-Language Pathology
  • Foreign Language
  • Dual Language Immersion
  • Career & Technical Education
  • Other Certification Areas