The GCPS math program is second to none and holds all students to high expectations. Our vision for the mathematics program is to develop students into confident, competent problem solvers and empower them with a deep, conceptual understanding of numbers. This program enables students to compute, think critically, and communicate their thoughts and mathematical reasoning effectively.
Mathematics Program Overview:
- Focus on continuous improvements for both content and practice
- Unparalleled resources to reinforce the application of a research-based curriculum
- Access to the latest technology, including electronic white boards
- Online database with lesson plans, assessments, presentations, templates and graphic organizers that enable quick, easy collaboration
- Regular learning opportunities and career development programs
- Summer Math Institute and K-5 math endorsement cohort available
- If you love teaching math, possess the ability to involve and engage students and crave an environment designed for academic success, apply today. At GCPS we will help you fulfill your career dreams while working for a world-class school system.
Ready to join an award-winning school system?
“I want my students to see how what they are learning is relevant to the real world in which they will someday work, even if we don’t know what types of jobs they will hold.” She has trained and mentored numerous teachers and paraprofessionals, and an instructional video of her teaching is available online for teachers around the state and country. Ms. Brandel is a firm believer in Project-Based Learning.
2019 GCPS Teacher of the Year Finalist
Coleman Middle School