At GCPS we deeply respect the staff who help support our students. We believe Speech-Language Pathologists are critical to ensuring our students are tuned-in and comfortable in our highly-collaborative environment. We’re looking for SLPs who hold a Master’s degree, are Georgia-certified or eligible for certification, and are willing to work within the full range of communication and swallowing disorders.
Speech-Language Pathology Program Overview:
- Full and part-time positions available
- Are not assigned regular or special education teaching duties, such as lunch hour or bus monitoring and no after hour responsibilities
- Low caseloads (generally below the state maximum of 55)
- Multiple SLPs at each school location
- Great onsite support and resources
- Floater SLP testers and assistants available
- Bilingual SLPs, AAC/AT Consultant, Diagnosticians
- Year-long mentoring program for new SLP employees
- Up to 29 years credit for verified experience coming from any background
- Geographic and school location requests considered for placement
Additional SLP Opportunities:
- Internships and mentoring available for CF positions
- Earn undergraduate volunteer hours with an ASHA certified SLP
If you are dedicated to helping students learn to communicate more effectively and want to help them develop learning methods that allow them to get the most out of their education, apply today. At GCPS we will help you gain the career you have always wanted and help you make the impact you’ve always dreamed about.
Ready to join an award-winning school system?
"Being able to work with such a variety of students, from ones with multiple handicaps to those simply having difficulty with fluency, is very rewarding. The support that Gwinnett provides its SLPs is phenomenal; it's made me feel comfortable to be able to come in and really do my job."
Berkmar High School