Discovery High School New Student Registration
Welcome to Discovery High School
**NEW** All registration will be In-Person
Contact Debbie Chapman (Debbie.Chapman@gcpsk12.org) or call 678-226-2281
Summer Registration hours: Tuesdays and Thursdays 8 AM-2 PM
Registration: Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday 9 AM -1 PM
Please note that only the student and one enrolling parent will be allowed in the Registration Office.
*Masks are required
*Translators(other than Spanish) will be allowed during registration
2020-2021 Procedures: COVID-19 Registration, Withdrawal and Records Policies
Registration: Students new to GCPS
1.Gather Required Documentation from THIS List
3.DHS will contact you to schedule a virtual appointment.
4.During your Appointment: Please be prepared to verify the Required Documents and ID. Both the parent and the student should be present for the virtual appointment.
Registration: Students Previously Enrolled in a GCPS School
1. Gather Required Documentation from THIS List
2. Log in to your Parent Portal Account with the SAME email you used to create the account the first time.
If you FORGOT your email address or password, do NOT create another account-call GCPS help desk at 678-301-6547 for assistance with your password
3. Add the new student and complete their online registration process and submit
4. DHS will contact you to schedule a virtual appointment
5. During your Appointment: Please be prepared to verify the Required Documents and ID. Both the parent and the student should be present for the virtual appointment.
*If you have any issue with creating an account or logging into either link above, call the GCPS help desk at 678-301-6547.
Required Registration documentation for All-New Students
Note: Some required documentation that cannot be obtained during online registration will need to be provided once the school reopens. These documents include:
- Hearing, Vision, Dental, & Nutrition Screening
- Report cards or official school transcripts
- Withdrawal form from the previous school
- Discipline records
IF LIVING WITH ANOTHER FAMILY:
Per Gwinnett County Public Schools Guidelines: Students who live with their parents or legal guardians but reside in the home of another adult and are seeking enrollment into Gwinnett County Public Schools must complete a Residency Affidavit form and turn it in, to your school upon registration. Click here for the Residency Affidavit form.
International Student Enrollment
Students who are entering a U.S. School for the first time should contact the GCPS International Newcomers Center to begin the registration process:
Documents needed for Registration
New this year, much of the registration process, including the uploading of documents needed for registration, will be completed online. Most document attachments (PDF, JPG, DOC, PNG, etc.) are compatible. The file size limit is 2 MB. Families who are unable to obtain the required immunization and/or screening documents or information from the previous school due to the COVID-19 situation will be given additional time to obtain those documents but should go ahead and begin the online registration process. The documents families will need for registration include:
- An official document showing proof of birth date
- Proof that you live in the attendance zone
- A valid Georgia certificate of immunization (GA Form #3231)
- Evidence of Vision, Hearing, Dental, and Nutrition Screening (GA Form #3300-Rev. 2013)
- A photo ID for the adult registering the child
- Proof of authorized person to enroll
- Child’s social security number (or you may sign a waiver at the school)
- Report cards or official school transcript (current K-12 student)
- Withdrawal form from the previous school (current K-12 student)
- Discipline records (students enrolling in grades 7-12)