Referral Incentives for GCPS Employees
Ensuring that GCPS has top-quality employees doesn’t happen by accident. Our Human Resources and Talent Management (HRTM) team is committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining the very best, but recruitment can be difficult during these challenging times. So, we’re looking to you—our employees—for help. We’ve found that staff members are some of the district’s best “recruiters.” In fact, about 20% of new teachers hired are referred by a current employee who already knows GCPS is a great place to work. To sweeten the deal, employees can earn a referral incentive by recommending qualified candidates who are hired by the district in these high-need areas:
- Special education teacher (any field) ($300)
- Regular education teacher ($250) (Math, Science, Technology, Engineering, Computer Science, Foreign Language, Language Arts)
- Speech-Language Pathologist ($500)
There are two ways to make a referral.
- Email your referral to Human Resources at GCPSteach@gcpsk12.org. Please type GCPS Teacher/SLP Referral in the subject line, and include the name and contact information of the candidate in the email.
- The teacher/SLP candidate may list the name of the person who referred him or her in the referral section of the online application at gcpsjobs.org.
- The referral should be received prior to the employee's hire date.
- The referral incentive would be included in the referring employee's paycheck once the candidate is hired and has worked a minimum of 60 days.
- Teacher candidate must be a new employee to GCPS (not a returning employee or a contracted employee from a previous year).
Driver Referral Program: Turn your contacts list into cash!
GCPS employees have an easy way to add some extra cash to their paycheck. With the district’s Bus Driver Referral Program, employees can earn up to $250 for referring a qualified candidate who is hired as a school bus driver for GCPS. The Bus Driver Referral program provides a payment of $100 as soon as the individual is hired, and an additional $150 once the new driver has completed 60 days on the job. There is no limit to the number of referrals you can make or referral rewards you can earn!
So, how do you get started? Just let your contacts know about the great benefits of becoming a GCPS bus driver, and tell them to provide your name as a referral when they apply. Our Transportation team will take it from there and make sure you get the rewards you earn from referring your friends and neighbors.
Any questions? Email Dawn.Head@gcpsk12.org for assistance.