Referral Incentives for GCPS Employees
Ensuring that GCPS has top-quality employees doesn’t happen by accident. Our Human Resources and Talent Management (HRTM) team is committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining the very best, but recruitment can be difficult during these challenging times. So, we’re looking to you—our employees—for help. We’ve found that staff members are some of the district’s best “recruiters.” In fact, about 20% of new teachers hired are referred by a current employee who already knows GCPS is a great place to work. To sweeten the deal, employees can earn a referral incentive by recommending qualified candidates who are hired by the district in these high-need areas:
- Special Education Teacher (any field) ($450)
- General Education Teacher ($350) (Computer Science, Elementary (K-5), Health Occupations, Engineering, Foreign Language (French, Spanish), IT Programming, Language Arts, Math, Science, Technology)
- Speech-Language Pathologist ($500)
There are two ways to make a referral.
- Email your referral to Human Resources at GCPSteach@gcpsk12.org. Please type GCPS Teacher/SLP Referral in the subject line, and include the name and contact information of the candidate in the email.
- The teacher/SLP candidate may list the name of the person who referred him or her in the referral section of the online application at gcpsjobs.org.
- The referral must have a hire date noted in our online system on or after July 25, 2022.
- The referral must be a new employee/direct hire to GCPS and not a contracted employee from a previous year.
- The referral incentive would be included in the referring employee's paycheck once the candidate is hired and has worked a minimum of 60 days.
School Nutrition Program
Gwinnett County Public Schools has partnered with Spur to staff our School Nutrition Food Assistant positions. If you are interested in referring a School Nutrition Food Assistant within Gwinnett County Public Schools to join the Spur team, please click here to learn more about the Gwinnett County School Nutrition Employee Referral Program!
Driver Referral Program: Turn your contacts list into cash!
GCPS employees have an easy way to add some extra cash to their paycheck. With the district’s Bus Driver Referral Program, employees can earn up to $250 for referring a qualified candidate who is hired as a school bus driver for GCPS. The Bus Driver Referral program provides a payment of $100 as soon as the individual is hired, and an additional $150 once the new driver has completed 60 days on the job. There is no limit to the number of referrals you can make or referral rewards you can earn!
So, how do you get started? Just let your contacts know about the great benefits of becoming a GCPS bus driver, and tell them to provide your name as a referral when they apply. Our Transportation team will take it from there and make sure you get the rewards you earn from referring your friends and neighbors.
Any questions? Email Dawn.Head@gcpsk12.org for assistance.
Substitute Teacher Referral Program
Gwinnett County Public Schools will pay a referral incentive of $250 to GCPS employees who refer a Substitute Teacher who works for at least 30 days during the 2021–22 school year.
- The substitute will list the name of the person who referred him or her on a referral card completed during substitute orientation.
- Once the substitute candidate successfully completes training and is added as an active substitute teacher and has worked at least 30 days during the 2021-22 school year, the GCPS employee will be paid the referral fee.
The $250 referral incentive would be included in the referring employee’s paycheck once the substitute candidate has been added to the “active” substitute list and has worked a minimum of 30 days.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.