What is the significance of design in the MYP?
MYP uses the design cycle as a way to structure:
- inquiry and analysis of design problems
- development and creation of feasible solutions
- testing and evaluation of students’ models, prototypes, products or systems.
Audio Visual/Communications offer students the opportunity to have hands-on experience in the development of visual communication. The development of media includes project management, script development, editing, and studio work. Students work as a team to produce news stories, editorials, features, and documentaries. Students will acquire the knowledge and skills to be lifelong effective consumers and producers of visual communication.
ETE introduces students to the world of Engineering and the Engineering Design Process. The STEM Innovation and Design curriculum is delivered using the problem-based learning model of instruction. Students will explore projects using the Engineering Design Process (EDP) in this 18-week course. Students will be engaged in technological systems that affect their lives and society, thus providing a foundation for successfully integrating their own interests with potential careers in science, technology, engineering and math.
Foundations of Computer Science
- Foundations of Secure Information Systems- This course will provide an exploratory foundation in information systems, networking and cybersecurity.
- Foundations of Computer Programming- This course will provide an exploratory foundation in computer programming.
- Foundations of Interactive Design- This course will provide an exploratory foundation in the design and development of websites and games.
Music Technology is a semester-long Connections class offered for 6th, 7th & 8th-grade students. Music Technology students have the opportunity to learn and explore Macintosh computer basics, keyboard skills, music composition, and basic MIDI sequencing. Students create original multi-track sequences and original musical compositions using industry-standard software programs such as Logic Pro and Finale.