The Gwinnett County Board of Education, elected by the people, is primarily a policy-making body with the responsibility of seeing that the Superintendent administers the district within the framework developed by the legislature and the Board.
The Board is dedicated to the following:
- Providing an educational program and instructional
arrangements resources which will permit each child to develop to his full potential;
- Developing and providing the data appropriate for the management functions of planning, evaluating, organizing, controlling, and executing;
- Ensuring that staff, students, parents, and all local citizens are provided the opportunity to participate in the development and evaluation of programs and policies;
- Providing an effective teaching climate to ensure the opportunity for the best possible education.
- Providing a system level comprehensive school improvement plan that includes a component
for staff development and of professional development for all staff. In addition, the Board shall require the appointment of a staff professional development coordinator/director and a staff professional development advisory committee.