Welcome to Kindergarten and the School Nutrition Program
Offering a variety of selections...
Meeting federal nutrition standards...
Encouraging lifelong healthy eating habits...
Feeding young minds...
Good Food and a Good Value
- For elementary students, a student breakfast costs $1.50 and a student lunch is $2.50.
- Students who qualify for reduced-price meals pay $0.30 for breakfast and $0.40 for lunch.
- Students also may qualify for free meals.
How do you apply for free and reduced-price meals?
- Request a Free and Reduced-Price Meal Application from your child’s school, or apply online (beginning July 15, 2021) at schoollunchapp.com.
- Provide all required information so your child’s application can be processed. Incomplete information will delay the process.
- Allow 10 days to process the application.
- Check your application status at schoollunchstatus.com.
- If you have children currently receiving free or reduced-price meals in a Gwinnett County school, your kindergartner may be eligible for free or reduced-price meals for the first 30 days of school while your child’s application is processed. Please fill out the Kindergarten Sibling Form, listing the names of siblings currently receiving free or reduced-price meals.
Manage Your Child's Meals
Our School Nutrition Program is self-supporting and receives no local tax dollars. The financial health of our program depends on parents keeping accounts up to date. We encourage parents to pre-pay to ensure their child’s account always has funds to cover meals. You can pre-pay by the week, by the month, or for the entire year.
- With MyPaymentsPlus.com you can make payments directly to your child’s account using the Internet.
- If you send a check, please write your child’s full name and account number in the memo area of the check.
- If you send cash, place the cash in a sealed envelope and write your child’s full name, student ID number, and the amount of cash sent on the front of the envelope.
- If you are sending money in for more than one child, include the information for each child.