Your child will be participating in the 2021 administration of the Cognitive Abilities Test (CogAT) which measures students’ verbal, quantitative, and nonverbal reasoning abilities. The results of this test will help assess how well your child is performing and assist with plans to meet your child’s academic needs.
The 1st and 2nd Grade administration will be delivered as follows:
Each battery consists of three tests. In first and second grade, these tests are untimed.
- Tuesday, September 21, 2021: Verbal Battery of Tests
- Wednesday, September 22, 2021: Quantitative Battery of Tests
- Thursday, September 23, 2021: Nonverbal Battery of Tests
The 5th Grade Administration will be delivered as follows:
Students have 30 minutes per battery for a total of 90 minutes.
- Tuesday, September 21, 2021 (one-day administration):
- Verbal Battery of Tests
- Quantitative Battery of Tests
- Nonverbal Battery of Tests
Thank you for making sure your child is present and on time for test day. Our staff wants to provide your child with the best opportunity to be successful. Although no studying or preparation is necessary for this test, the following recommendations should help your child do his/her best each day:
- Get plenty of rest
- Eat a healthy breakfast
- Be at school on time
- Be prepared (glasses if needed)
Thank you very much for encouraging and supporting your student during testing. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your local school testing coordinator.