To graduate in the state of Georgia, students must earn a minimum of 23 credits (also called units) in the following areas of study. In Gwinnett County Public Schools, students must participate in required testing for graduation based on their graduating class/cohort. The most current testing information can be found HERE.
CORE COURSE REQUIREMENTS:
Language Arts (4.0 Units Required)
- Must include 9th Grade Language Arts and 11th Grade Language Arts
Mathematics (4.0 Units Required)
- Including Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II or higher levels and a fourth year Math.
Science (4.0 Units Required)
- Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and a 4th Year Science
Social Studies (3.0 Units Required) (4.0 Units Recommended)
- Recommended: World Geography or AP Human Geography
- Required: World History, U.S. History, Economics/American Government-Civics
Required Electives (3.0 Units Required) (2.0 Units of Foreign Language Recommended)
- Any Combination of Fine Arts, Career/Technical Education Electives or Modern/Classical Language
- 2.0 units of Foreign Language are required for university admission in the state of Georgia
Health and Physical Education (1.0 Unit Required)
- or 3.0 Units of JROTC
Other Electives (4.0 Units Required)
The document below may be printed and kept to record courses and grades for each semester and can help plan out a student's four-year high school plan. Click the A icon for accessibility options.