Digital Learning Days Information
Scheduled Digital Learning Days
For the 2022-2023 school year, there are six planned Digital Learning Days (DLDs) scheduled throughout the year for teacher planning/staff development.
- Friday, September 16th
- Tuesday, November 8th
- Friday, February 3rd
- Friday, March 17th
On these days, all students will learn from home by completing assignments at their own pace. Teachers will have the day's assignments posted on their eCLASS page by 8:00 pm on the day before the scheduled Digital Learning Day. Learning will be asynchronous, meaning students will not have live Zoom sessions. Students who are unable to complete assignments on these DLDs will be given the opportunity to complete assignments when they return to school.
Inclement Weather Digital Learning Days
The GCPS calendar does not include designated inclement weather make-up days. GCPS will make up any inclement weather days by using Digital Learning Days (DLDs) and/or extending the school day or year. For more information regarding inclement weather procedures, please visit the GCPS website.
How does an Inclement Weather Digital Learning Day work?
- Brookwood Elementary School teachers will post assignments by 9:00 a.m on their eCLASS course page.
- Students will log in to the My eCLASS portal and click on the eClass C&I course pages. (The image below shows what the button looks like that students will click.)
- Students will access assignments, resources, and other materials on their teacher's eCLASS page. Student work will be expected to be turned in either digitally or in person per the teacher's directions.
- The teacher will be available periodically throughout the day to answer any questions students may have.
- If a student does not have access to a computer or device (tablet, smartphone, etc.), the student can get the assignment once school resumes. The student will have two days per Digital Learning Day to complete the assignment and turn it in to the teacher.
If you have further questions, please contact your child's teacher.