COVID-19 Information By School
As Gwinnett County Public Schools prepares to welcome students back to their classrooms in the coming days for summer learning and for the 2022-23 school year, district leaders continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 situation in Gwinnett County.
Processes are in place for tracking any cases in which a student or adult in a school is impacted by the COVID-19 virus. We will follow the latest guidance from health officials in determining which individuals need to be quarantined or otherwise excluded from school or work in order to protect them and others in the school setting.
To keep parents and employees informed, the COVID-19 Dashboard will be updated weekly on Wednesdays to show the number of students and staff impacted by COVID in each school building/location. The report includes the number of new cases, as well as the number of people currently not at school/work due to COVID-19. In accordance with federal law, no information will be disclosed that would lead to the identification of any individual represented in the numbers shown on the report.
Understanding the report…
- Confirmed Case – A person who receives a lab-confirmed positive COVID-19 test result, or a physician’s diagnosis of COVID-19.
- Probable Case – A person who has been exposed to someone with a confirmed case of COVID-19 and develops symptoms. These common symptoms include a fever of 100.4 degrees or higher, unusual fatigue, muscle pain, coughing, sudden loss of taste or smell, difficulty breathing, prolonged headache, and sore throat, that do not appear to be caused by another illness.
- Close Contact – A person who is not ill but who has been exposed to a confirmed or probable COVID-19 case in a manner that could make the person susceptible to contracting the virus.
- New Cases – The number of new cases reported for a specific day. This chart does not include all schools, only those reporting a new case for that day.
- Total Active Cases – This chart reflects total active cases by school based on the expected return dates of those affected. It does not reflect those who are cleared medically to return to school/work before that expected date, or those who are out beyond their expected return date. Information about when an individual actually returns is tracked manually at the school or workplace and is not captured in this report.
This dashboard is updated on Wednesdays.
The report includes the number of new cases, as well as the number of people currently not at school/work due to COVID-19.
In accordance with federal law, no information will be disclosed that would lead to the identification of any individual represented in the numbers shown on the report.