Rho Kappa Social Studies Honor Society
Check out our website: https://sites.google.com/g.gcpsk12.org/mchsrk/home We have tons of service opportunities and different information there!
Purpose: To provide national recognition for outstanding students and to encourage an interest in, understanding of, and appreciation for the social studies. The Mill Creek chapter of Rho Kappa is part of the National Council for the Social Studies.
- Grade Level – The student must be currently in 11th or 12th.
- Grades – The student must have at least a 3.0 GPA (non-weighted) and have completed a minimum of 2 years of social studies courses with a final grade of an A or B.
- Attendance at meetings – In order to maintain membership, members may have no more than ONE unexcused absence from a meeting per school year, or your membership may be revoked. As well as up to TWO excused absences. If you miss a meeting, you will be responsible for viewing the presentation (on the website) and completing the sign-off.
- Service – All members: At least 10 hours with a minimum of 5 being social studies activity hours (doing something that promotes social studies or the social studies department at Mill Creek, like tutoring, service to a social studies teacher) are required. You do not have to complete all 10 hours in Fall Semester. We have several spring activities and want full member attendance.
- Hours Due: All 10 hours must be completed by Friday, March 22nd for EVERYONE. SERVICE LOG CLICK HERE
MEETINGS are generally on a FRIDAY of every month. See below. Meetings will be in A102 either immediately after school from 2:20 to 3:15 or immediately in the morning from 6:45 to 7:15.
**Afternoon meetings are more likely to have embedded service events that can count towards hours.
August 25th, 2023
September 22, 2023
October 20, 2023
November 10, 2023
December 8, 2023