CSEdWeek is an annual call to action to inspire K-12 students to learn computer science, advocate for equity, and celebrate the contributions of students, teachers, and partners in the ﬁeld. This year’s CSEdWeek theme is #CelebratingProgress.
Why should you celebrate CSEdWeek?
- Create excitement and interest around CS
- Expose students to CS opportunities who may not be taking CS courses
- Promote CS opportunities in your community
- Foster computational thinking & creativity skills
- Spark student interest in career opportunities
Check out our CSEdWeek Celebrations
Schools may celebrate by:
- Hosting a school-wide competition or Makeathon
- Creating a CS awareness campaign
- Hosting an Hour of Code event
- Hosting a family or community CS event
- Learning about CS Heroes
Want to celebrate at home? Check out these resources!
Engage in the Hour of Code: Check out Code.org’s Hour of Code page, which allows you to ﬁlter through hundreds of activities based on subject, technology available, length, age, and more. You can check out other great Hour of Code activities using these resources: