WHERE IS THE PLAN AVAILABLE?
The Family and Community Engagement Plan and all other Title I information are available on our school’s website at www.gcpsk12.org/WinnHoltES under the Title I Section. Families can also find paper copies of this Family and Community Engagement Plan in our Parent Center.
HOW IS THE PLAN DEVELOPED AND REVISED?
It is reviewed and revised at least annually during the Planning Meeting in the spring. All feedback forms from the Planning Meeting are submitted to the Office of Federal Programs for review. Families who are not able to attend the Planning Meeting have the opportunity to review draft documents and provide input during the draft document review period.
At Winn Holt we will:
Communicate with parents in a family friendly format by using clear and concise language, translation, and interpretation as necessary and reasonable, parent center usage, daily/weekly communication folders, WHES website, eClass pages, newsletters, flyers, phone calls, and text messages.
Schedule meetings requested by parents at an acceptable time/day for parent and teacher.
OUR DISTRICT GOALS
Empathy: Cultural competence, staff and student wellbeing, educator diversity.
Equity: Multi-tiered system of supports, opportunity and access, equitable resource allocation.
Effectiveness: Results-Based evaluation system, talent management, educational return on investment.
Excellence: Preferred education destination, post-secondary and workforce readiness, world-class communication and engagement.
OUR SCHOOL GOALS
We will provide all students with high quality curriculum and instruction in a supportive and effective learning environment to meet high academic standards.
- Empathy: Winn Holt ES will continue efforts to build an intentional well-established SEL that strategically provides support for students and staff.
- Equity: Winn Holt ES will implement a comprehensive multi-tier support system to address academic and non-academic student needs to remove barriers to success.
- Effectiveness: Winn Holt ES will expand student opportunities to engage in and access high-quality, rigorous, and culturally relevant curriculum and enrichment opportunities.
- Excellence: Winn Holt ES will demonstrate world class communication and engagement to build stakeholder trust and confidence.
WHAT IS A FAMILY AND COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT PLAN?
It is a plan that describes how our school will provide opportunities to improve family engagement that will support student learning at school and at home. All students and their families are invited and encouraged to fully participate in the opportunities described in this plan. The school will provide information and as many opportunities as possible for the participation of all family members.
WHAT IS A SCHOOL-FAMILY PROMISE?
It is a written agreement that outlines how the school, the students, and the family will work together to ensure your child’s academic success. An effective School-Family Promise contains the following elements:
- Clear learning goals that are linked to the school’s improvement plan
- Specific skills students will learn during the year
- Strategies that staff, families, and students will use to improve student learning
- Ways to extend learning at home
- Methods teachers and family members will use to communicate about student progress
- Opportunities for family members to observe and participate in the classroom
- Jointly-developed by families, school staff, students, community business partners, and other stakeholders during our Planning Meeting
- Reviewed and revised throughout the year [Tell how your school will review the School-Family Promise with families throughout the school year. Include examples such as reviewing the Promise at building parent capacity activities and parent-teacher conferences.]
ENGAGING AND EMPOWERING FAMILIES WITH…
- Title I Program Information: Program information is available during the Title I Planning Meeting in the spring and Annual Parent Meetings in the fall, on the school website, and in the Parent Center.
- Curriculum Information: Knowing what your child is learning at school is important. We will keep you informed throughout the year about what your child is learning during parent meetings, conferences, eCLASS, and on our school website.
- Student Progress Monitoring: The Parent Portal is an online resource that allows families to view grades, attendance, schedules, assessment, and your child’s results, course history, and much more. Monitoring your child’s progress in school is an important way to be engaged.
- Parent Resources: We have many resources available for checkout to use at home with your child. We also host several parent workshops to empower you as you work with your child at home.
- Staff Training: We will train our staff to effectively communicate with you. Your input on how we train our staff is valuable.
- Communication: We will communicate, to the extent feasible, all information with you in a language and format you understand. Whenever possible, we will provide interpreters during parent workshops, and academic events. Translation is available for most documents.
- Transition Support: Entering a new school can be scary for both students and families. We will host events to make sure both you and your child are aware of what is expected and how you can prepare as your child transitions to a new school level, college, and career.
WORKING TOGETHER TO ENSURE SUCCESS
Winn Holt Elementary will…
- Provide weekly teacher newsletters focusing on grade-level appropriate strategies for reading.
- Provide workshops modeling specific strategies for parents that they can practice with their children at home to increase academic achievement in reading.
- Provide additional strategies to families via eClass.
Lisa Glausier May 23, 2023
Principal’s Signature Date
As Students, we will…
- Share the newsletters from my teacher with my family so I can practice grade-level specific reading.
- Ask my family to attend reading workshops. Practice reading strategies with my family.
- Explore the school’s webpage and my teacher’s eClass page with my family to find fun websites that will help me with my reading skills.
As Families, we will…
- Read teacher newsletters for grade-level specific reading skills and practice with my child several times each week.
- Attend workshops to learn reading strategies.
- Visit the school website and eClass pages for resources/materials to assist with reading skills and contact the Parent Instructional Coordinator if I need help.
Winn Holt strives to provide ongoing communication with our families via the school website, text messages, and the school marquise to ensure all are informed of school events and activities.
If you need interpretation and/or translation services, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 678-376-8629.
ACTIVITIES TO BUILD OUR PARTNERSHIP
- Title I Planning Meeting
- Title I Annual Meetings
- Meet the Teacher Night
- Parent-Teacher Conferences (Oct. 18-19, Mar. 6-7)
- Knights of Learning (Fall/Spring)
- Kindergarten Transition Workshop
DID YOU KNOW?
- Title I is a federal program designed to support school reform efforts to improve teaching and learning for all students.
- Title I programs are based on effective means of improving student achievement and include strategies to support family engagement.
- The Title I Office reserves at least one percent of the district’s allocation to fund family and community engagement programs. The use of these funds is based on suggestions gathered at our spring Planning Meetings from families and community members. Funds are distributed equally to all our Title I schools.
- Childcare and/or transportation may be provided for meetings and school events.
VISIT OUR FAMILY ENGAGEMENT CENTER
Our Family Engagement Center has learning games, books, and many other resources available for families to checkout and use at home. Our Parent Outreach Liaison or Parent Instructional Coordinator is Yudelkis Nivar-Brito. She is available to help you find resources, navigate the Parent Portal, connect with teachers, and learn about ways you can help your children at home.
Our Family Engagement Center is located on the 1st hallway to the left, 2nd door on the left, room 1.285.
The Parent Center is open daily from 7:30-3:15.
Please contact Yudelkis Nivar-Bito, Parent Liaison for additional information about our Family Engagement Center and resources available for check-out.
Phone Number: 678-376-8600
Parents interested in volunteering may contact Yudelkis Nivar-Brito @ 678-376-8629 or by email at email@example.com
For PTA volunteers, contact: PTA President @ 678-376- 8600 (front office) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Classroom volunteers may contact the teacher directly at email@example.com