Graves Elementary School
Principal: Monica Ball
1700 Graves Rd, Norcross,GA 30093
The following school highlights showcase how Graves Elementary School is fulfilling Gwinnett County Public School's four strategic priorities of Empathy, Equity, Effectiveness, and Excellence. Visit the School Profile Dashboard to find more detailed data on our school.
- Graves ES Performance Arts Club showcased the talents of students participating in music, dance, and theater by performing a Fall and Spring performance for students and parents.
- Graves ES Community Outreach Staff Committee promoted and facilitated the 2nd Annual Soccer Carnival sponsored by Comcast and the Graves Community Foundation. This community event consisted of student and parent teams and were coached by staff members.
- Graves ES Parent Center partnered with the Atlanta Food Bank to arrange monthly food boxes that were picked up by 150-200 families in the community.
- Graves ES increased parent communication by conducting three parent Town Hall meetings, three parent newsletters, and a parent activity calendar was sent home monthly.
- Graves ES participated in cultural acknowledgements and recognitions (ex. Hispanic Heritage, Black History, and Asian Pacific Islander).
- Graves ES received assistance from the Graves Community Foundation who provided staff and student support (ex. supplies for students and staff, staff luncheons, Fall Festival, Bingo Nights, and Holiday Shop).
- Graves ES students participated in daily fifteen minutes Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) activities while a Wellness Room was created for the staff to address the adult SEL in the building.
- Graves ES Parent Center offered English and Nutrition classes throughout the school year in addition to hosting two weekly Play2Learn sessions held in the school.
- Graves ES student events included students participating in Honor Chorus, Talent Show, the National Spelling Bee, and the Georgia Milestones Pep Rally.
- Graves ES staff received additional degrees and endorsements. Two staff members received Doctorate of Education degrees, two staff members received STEM endorsements, three staff members received ESOL endorsements, and one assistant principal received a coaching endorsement.
- Graves ES is a Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) school. PBIS encourages positive behaviors with recognition for students who exhibit appropriate school conduct.