Harbins Elementary School
Principal: Jimmy Lovett
3550 New Hope Road, Dacula, GA 30019
The following school highlights showcase how Harbins Elementary School is fulfilling Gwinnett County Public School's four strategic priorities of Empathy, Equity, Effectiveness, and Excellence. Visit the School Profile Dashboard to find more detailed data on our school.
- Harbins Technic Tigers, our Lego Robotics Team, advanced to the State level of competition, which took place at the University of Georgia.
- Melissa Barth, our STEM Specials teacher, was named a 2023 Don Cargill STEM Scholar recipient. She was one of 23 nominees in the state of Georgia and the only educator from Gwinnett County to be recognized with this prestigious award.
- Harbins students and staff collected over 4000 books for distribution to our community during our two annual book drives, which took place in the Winter and Summer of 2023.
- Harbins hosted a community event that included Blue Cares and One Powerhouse, which provided food, clothing, and small household items for families in our surrounding area.
- Harbins Readers Rally team, consisting of nine fourth and fifth-grade students, placed 2nd overall at the county-level competition.
- Joel Frey, our local school technology coordinator, received a grant from Walton EMC for $5500 towards acoustic panels in the cafeteria and a mascot uniform for Harbins.
- Harbins students demonstrated tremendous gains across all grade levels, as measured by the iReady diagnostic screener in the areas of Math and Language Arts.
- Harbins Elementary School was recognized by the Georgia Department of Education with Operational status for its implementation of Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) in the last school year. PBIS encourages positive behaviors with recognition for students who exhibit appropriate school conduct.