Jackson Elementary School
Principal: Kara Dutton
1970 Sever Road, Lawrenceville, GA 30043
The following school highlights showcase how Jackson Elementary School is fulfilling Gwinnett County Public School's four strategic priorities of Empathy, Equity, Effectiveness, and Excellence. Visit the School Profile Dashboard to find more detailed data on our school.
- Jackson Elementary is a four-time recipient of a Bosch Community Fund Grant to support school's STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) program.
- Jackson's Student Council and students participated in the Great Days of Service, collecting over 1,500 non-perishable food items donated to local food banks.
- Children, ages birth to 5 years, from our school's surrounding community are offered the opportunity to participate in our Play 2 Learn program twice a week.
- Our students take Computer Science special where they learn the basic operation, design, and development of software components and the connections between computer science and traditional subjects.
- Jackson students participated in extracurricular activities, including Art Club, Chorus, Drama Club, Readers Rally, Math Club, Lego WeDo Robotics, Lego Simple Machines, and Robo Lions Club.
- Students and their families participated in Family Literacy Night in the fall and Family Math Night in the spring.
- Jackson's students enjoyed meeting authors Carmen Deedy and Aaron Reynolds when they came to read to the students in the fall.
- Students attended our Saturday Intervention Program sessions, where they received enrichment in the areas of reading and math.
- Jackson's rising kindergartners participated in our 4th annual Kinder Cub Camp held in the summer.
- Jackson families participated in the Big & Tall Dance, Family Movie Under the Stars, and Jackson Jam events hosted by our PTA.
- Jackson Elementary School was recognized by the Georgia Department of Education with Operational status for its implementation of Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) in the last school year. PBIS encourages positive behaviors with recognition for students who exhibit appropriate school conduct.