McKendree Elementary School
Principal: Tyese Scott
1600 Riverside Parkway, Lawrenceville, GA 30043
The following school highlights showcase how McKendree Elementary School is fulfilling Gwinnett County Public School's four strategic priorities of Empathy, Equity, Effectiveness, and Excellence. Visit the School Profile Dashboard to find more detailed data on our school.
- All students at McKendree Elementary are engaged in individualized instruction to meet their individual needs for enrichment, or remediation during our daily intervention time called “Eagle Time”. This is time for our students to soar as they get instruction specialized for their specific needs in addition to the daily instruction in other content areas.
- McKendree Elementary is committed to Early Learning opportunities for our community to support Kindergarten Readiness. This year we had 2 full Play 2 Learn Classes. Play 2 Learn is a program for students aged birth to 5. Children and adult caregivers from their family learn together though engaging lesson plans in a high -quality preschool environment for 90 minutes each week.
- McKendree Elementary was one of twenty-one Gwinnett County Public Schools to receive the prestigious CS 100 Award. This award- winning school has received this recognition for our commitment to Computer Science for all K-5 Students.
- All students at McKendree Elementary School get the opportunity to take a Computer Science and S.T.E.M special. In these classes they learn the building blocks of how computers work, computer programing, robotics and math/science content connections, laying the foundation for further coursework that they will be able to take in middle school.
- Mckendree Elementary School was recognized by the Georgia Department of Education with operational status for its implementation of Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) in the last school year. PBIS encourages positive behaviors with recognition for students who exhibit appropriate school conduct.
- McKendree Elementary offers a variety of clubs to extend the learning opportunities for our students. This year were able to offer the following clubs: Band, 4-5 Girls on the Run, 4-5 Robotics, 3-4 Discovery Legos, k-1 Coding, k-5 kindness club, Reader’s Rally and 4-5 The Shop (entrepreneurial skills).
- McKendree Elementary implemented several supportive community programs designed to build a strong sense of community for our students. These instructional strategies include implementation of Joyful learning across all grade levels. Joyful learning gives students and teachers an opportunity to interact through PURPOSEFUL PLAY during morning arrival. Joyful learning fosters, collaboration language development, critical thinking and problem solving. We also have implemented morning meetings which allow the class to engage in greeting, sharing and group activities that support building a sense of community before students move into content learning.
- McKendree is committed to community engagement programs to ensure inclusiveness and awareness of the school initiatives. These programs/communication methods include but are not limited to ALL Pro Dads, Monthly Newsletters, Principal Town Hall meetings, Stem Nights, Multi-Cultural events, Family fun nights, and Positive Parenting Workshops.