Parkview High School
Principal: David Smith
998 Cole Drive, Lilburn, GA 30047
The following school highlights showcase how Parkview High School is fulfilling Gwinnett County Public School's four strategic priorities of Empathy, Equity, Effectiveness, and Excellence. Visit the School Profile Dashboard to find more detailed data on our school.
- Parkview was named one of the Best High Schools in Georgia by U.S. News & World Report and one of the nation’s most challenging high schools by The Washington Post.
- Parkview High School offers students the opportunity to engage in a number of CTAE Pathways, from Engineering and Computer Science to Nutrition and Food Science. Classes in these pathways provide students with hands-on training in their fields and the opportunity to earn industry certification upon completion of the pathway.
- Parkview’s 3DE Program, a collaborative venture with Junior Achievement, is a multifaceted approach to learning that uses case methodology to integrate real-world connectivity into the high school experience.
- The Georgia Department of Education named Parkview a 2023 Advanced Placement Honor School in the following categories: AP Humanities School, AP Humanities Achievement School, AP School of Distinction, AP STEM School, and AP STEM Achievement School.
- Parkview's Marine Corps Junior ROTC was recognized as a Naval Honors Program, a designation awarded to programs in the top 20% nationally. This is the 16th consecutive year the unit has earned this award.
- The Marine Corps ROTC program raised more than $90,000 in its annual Toys for Tots fund drive.
- Parkview’s Technology Student Association won the 2023 State Championship, the program's 8th state championship.
- Parkview’s Band, Chorus, and Orchestra earned Superior ratings at the Georgia Music Educators Association’s Large Group Performance Evaluations.
- Parkview is a Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) school. PBIS encourages positive behaviors with recognition for students who exhibit appropriate school conduct.