Parsons Elementary School
Principal: Lenie George
1615 Old Peachtree Road, Suwanee, GA 30024
The following school highlights showcase how Parsons Elementary School is fulfilling Gwinnett County Public School's four strategic priorities of Empathy, Equity, Effectiveness, and Excellence. Visit the School Profile Dashboard to find more detailed data on our school.
- Parsons Elementary School implemented the Korean Dual Language Immersion (DLI) Program in the 2019-2020 school year. Korean DLI is a form of bilingual education in which a child spends half their day receiving instruction in the target language and the other half of their day in English. Students spend part of the day studying math and science in Korean and the other part of the day learning language arts, social studies, and other subjects in English. Students start the DLI program in kindergarten and continue their Korean immersion experience each subsequent school year of elementary school.
- Parsons celebrated our school’s rich diversity on International Night and Black History Wax Museum Night. According to the EES Family Survey, 96% of our families responded positively to the statement, “Our school has a welcoming environment that embraces the diversity of race, ethnicity, and religion.”
- All students at Parsons Elementary School get the opportunity to take Art, Music, PE, Korean, Health, and Computer Science specials.
- With a high percentage of students being served in the Gifted program, 96% of the teachers at Parsons Elementary School, in grades 2 through 5, hold certification in Gifted Education.
- Advanced Content courses are offered to qualifying students in grades 3-5 in English Language Arts, Math and Science.
- Parsons staff is committed to excellence. According to the EES Staff Survey, 98% of staff responded positively to the statement, “In our school, we expect all staff to perform responsibilities with a high level of excellence”.
- School-wide events including, Camp Read S’MORE Literacy Night, Movie Under the Stars, Luau Dance, and the Parsonspalooza, brought the school community together to celebrate and learn.
- Students had multiple opportunities to be involved in extracurricular activities at Parsons Elementary School. Parsons’ teachers sponsored clubs including, Chorus, Checkers, Art, Robotics Club, Girls on the Run, Student Council, Witzzle Pro Math Club, and Readers Rally Team. Outside vendors also offered clubs including, Drama, i9 Sports, and Technology.
- Parsons takes pride in the retention of outstanding teachers. For the last four years, Parsons has had more than 90% of our teachers return to teaching at Parsons.