H. Partee Elementary School
Principal: Jennifer Clowers
4350 Campbell Road, Snellville, GA 30039
The following school highlights showcase how H. Partee Elementary School is fulfilling Gwinnett County Public School's four strategic priorities of Empathy, Equity, Effectiveness, and Excellence. Visit the School Profile Dashboard to find more detailed data on our school.
- Nicole Turner, 3rd-grade Teacher, was voted the 2023 Teacher of the Year at Partee Elementary School. She represented our school as the TOTY, served as the grade level chairperson, and was on the Teacher Advisory Committee. Dr. Turner also was Partee's Lead Mentor and collaborated and supported new teachers throughout the year.
- Karen Carter, Office Clerk, was voted the 2023 Support Staff Member of the Year.
- Teachers at Partee Elementary School extended student learning through the following student clubs: Ladies of Legacy, Vex Robotics Club, Chess Club, Garden Club, Safety Patrols, Run to Read Club, Paparazzi (Photography) Club, and Creativity Club.
- Partee Elementary School is in the tenth year of implementing Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support (PBIS). PBIS encourages positive behaviors with recognition for those students who exhibited appropriate conduct.
- Partee Elementary School's Guest Reader Program occurred quarterly. The school hosted over 20 community members and parents who volunteered to read a book to two classes and encouraged the importance of developing a love for reading.
- Partee Elementary School students were selected to perform with the prestigious Gwinnett County Elementary Honor Chorus.
- The PTA supported the school with volunteers, teacher appreciation, and family events.
- Title I Parent Involvement Nights included the following: International Night, STEAM Night, EL Parent Night, and Special Education Parent Engagement Night. Workshops included information on how to support multi-language learners, prepare for academic assessments, and prepare for transitions for rising kindergartners.
- Partee implemented a schoolwide intervention block, "Generals Time," for all students providing students with tiered interventions to support academic needs. Additional interventions offered to students included the following: Reading Recovery, Early Intervention Program (EIP), Book Buddies, and Saturday School.
- Partee won a grant from Gas South and was able to host it's very first Entrepreneur Festival. The Entrepreneur Festival is an off-site economics event that provides a hands-on, educational experience for students in the community about business and economics. Although this is a student-driven event, the educational content is also about seeing active businesses at work in our community.
- Partee Elementary School was recognized by the Georgia Department of Education with Operational status for its implementation of Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) in the last school year. PBIS encourages positive behaviors with recognition for students who exhibit appropriate school conduct.