Patrick Elementary School
Principal: Ellyce Cone
2707 Kilgore Road, Buford, GA 30519
The following school highlights showcase how Patrick Elementary School is fulfilling Gwinnett County Public School's four strategic priorities of Empathy, Equity, Effectiveness, and Excellence. Visit the School Profile Dashboard to find more detailed data on our school.
- Four students from Patrick Elementary presented at the Gwinnett County Explore Your Future Expo. Students created a game to show the difference between generative AI and real images. They spoke with community members and showed they were “the future of the work.”
- We are thrilled to celebrate the outstanding achievement of our Reading Spots team who competed at the 2023 Readers Rally competition. Our dedicated team of book enthusiasts triumphed and placed among the top four teams in the county. Their hard work, passion, and love for literature truly paid off, showcasing their exceptional reading comprehension skills and teamwork. Their success serves as an inspiration to all, reinforcing the transformative power of reading and the importance of embracing the joy of learning.
- Patrick Elementary was awarded the CS 100 All-In Award for our dedication to Computer Science Education. This award is given to schools committed to teaching all students the skills necessary to code computers and robots.
- Patrick Lego Spot Bots competed at all levels this year. From our K-1 Discover team to our 4-5 Competition team, these amazing young problem solvers represented Patrick as they learned about energy and created a solution to an energy problem. They learned about teamwork and how to showcase their ideas to strangers.
- Students at Patrick Elementary participated in an Hour of Coding. Each student in the school, with the help of volunteers from Accenture, had an opportunity to engage in coding activities aligned with relevant topics particular to their grade level.
- Patrick Elementary hosted its 16th Annual Firefighter’s Breakfast. Firefighters and dignitaries from the county and GCPS gathered with the Patrick family to honor the legacy and leadership of Bobby and Mary Patrick.
- Three Patrick students completed a group science fair project for the Gwinnett Science, Engineering, and Innovation Fair. Their hard work and diligence paid off, and the three 5th-grade students were awarded first place for their efforts.
- Patrick Elementary students and families participated in a Color Run fundraiser. This activity, sponsored by the PTA, helped raise over $35,000 to establish a Makers Space and Collaboration Room. These spaces align with the spaces at Seckinger HS and help the school better prepare students for future-ready work.
- Kindergarten students, with the help of local businesses and community members, participated in a week of Kindergarten Community. This interactive experience helps students better understand the role of workers in the community and understand supply and demand.
- All students at Patrick Elementary participated in Youth Art Month and Music in Our Schools Month. During an evening event, the music department showcased talented musicians from all grade levels. Additionally, every student in the school had artwork on display for the community to view and enjoy.
- Patrick Elementary School was recognized by the Georgia Department of Education with Operational status for its implementation of Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) in the last school year. PBIS encourages positive behaviors with recognition for students who exhibit appropriate school conduct.