Peachtree Elementary School
Principal: Gretchen Runaldue
5995 Crooked Creek Road, Peachtree Corners, GA 30092
The following school highlights showcase how Peachtree Elementary School is fulfilling Gwinnett County Public School's four strategic priorities of Empathy, Equity, Effectiveness, and Excellence. Visit the School Profile Dashboard to find more detailed data on our school.
- Peachtree Elementary, a Primary Years Programme School (PYP), was again re-authorized by the International Baccalaureate (IB). This will be Peachtree's twelfth year as an authorized PYP school.
- Extracurricular activities at Peachtree included Chorus, Art Club, Reader's Rally, Robotics Team, Running Club, Jump Rope Club, Safety Patrol, Cup Stacking, and Student Council.
- Peachtree continues to be a PBIS School. This year students were encouraged to earn their blue tickets for being: respectful, principled, and responsible. Many students collected 100 tickets to become "Principal for a Day."
- Parent and community involvement continued to increase through our PTA, parent participation in Title 1 planning, and School Council. Examples of involvement included Principal for a Day, KIDS HOPE USA mentors, and Parent Center Volunteers. Our Kindergarteners' started their year with Career on Wheels which highlighted our SROs, Firefighters, Paramedics, Race Car Driver, Construction Workers, and the City of Peachtree Corners autonomous shuttles.
- Title 1 workshops and events offered our families opportunities to learn and have fun. In 2022-23 we offered Literacy Night with a collaboration from the Alliance Theatre. Our packed STEM Night allowed students to participate in hands-on learning that all enjoyed!
- Peachtree Elementary was a recipient of a Grant by the City of Peachtree Corners. This allowed for the resurfacing of the basketball court and shade structures added to the playground.
- Peachtree Elementary's Parent Center provided instructional support and English classes for our families. The school also continues its commitment to our younger learners with Play 2 Learn.
- Peachtree Elementary hosted community events including: Curriculum Night, Literacy Night, STEM Night, Holiday Lunches, Peachtree's Got Talent, Assessment Night, Honors Days, Fifth Grade Exhibition, and Celebrate Peachtree.
- Our custodial staff was recognized for exemplary performance for the school year in District Level awards.
- Peachtree Elementary is a Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) school. PBIS encourages positive behaviors with recognition for students who exhibit appropriate school conduct.