Pharr Elementary School
Principal: Shamarlas G. Allens
1500 North Road, Snellville, GA 30078
The following school highlights showcase how Pharr Elementary School is fulfilling Gwinnett County Public School's four strategic priorities of Empathy, Equity, Effectiveness, and Excellence. Visit the School Profile Dashboard to find more detailed data on our school.
- Pharr Elementary School continues to celebrate engaging high-quality teaching and learning coupled with engagement in collaborative learning teams throughout the school year. Teacher leaders present at staff/faculty meetings and facilitate professional development schoolwide and within the cluster. Teacher leaders lead many initiatives and clubs that provide opportunities for students to participate actively throughout the year.
- Pharr Elementary School was onboarded as a Title I School during the 2022/2023 school year. Pharr embraces the opportunity to expand meetings and reach the learning of all students and families regardless of socioeconomic status. The culture at Pharr has adopted the mindset of having a school with one door, and behind that door is the absolute value of success for all students, teachers, and staff. The students consistently outperform their peers on district, state, and national academic achievement assessments.
- Excellence at Pharr Elementary School is a standard not just in the classroom but is the expectation at the school. The cafeteria and custodial staff are both strong attributes of the learning community at Pharr. Through hard work, dedication, and commitment to excellence of both our cafeteria and custodial staff, they consistently receive a 100% on the Fall and Spring Health Inspections and have building inspections above 99% out of 100%. The overall building inspection rating for the school year 2022-2023 was 99.4%.
- Pharr Elementary School's Rambotics Club participated in the Lego League competition team and won the Innovation Project Award at the Fall Regional Competition in December 2022. The team advanced to the Super Regionals competition. Their Innovation Project was to use drones launched from delivery trucks to deliver small packages while the truck driver delivered larger packages in a neighborhood.
- At the start of the school year, Pharr Elementary’s goal was to increase the PTA membership. The Pharr Elementary PTA received the Membership Superior Award for exceeding last year’s total membership by 66%. The staff at Pharr Elementary is very thankful for our supportive PTA with their generous donation of $8000 to support teaching and learning by upgrading the book room and sensory rooms.
- The leadership of our Play 2 Learn staff at Pharr Elementary has an excellent collaborative partnership with Kids R Kids Learning Academy Day Care Center. The Play 2 Learn staff continues to support the rising kindergarten students attending Pharr Elementary next school year and in years to come.
- At Pharr Elementary, the teaching staff develops critical and creative thinkers with sharp minds for future leaders of America. During GCPS's Readers Rally competition, Pharr's Reader Rally team finished in third place out of all the elementary schools competing.
- "The Pharr Elementary Garden is recognized as a Green and Healthy School and a National Green Ribbon School by the U. S. Department of Education. For several years, the garden has provided produce for different charity programs. The Garden Club continues to teach our students about health and nutrition as a lifestyle."
- Pharr Elementary is committed to implementing technology and computer science within the curriculum. This school year, Pharr Elementary was recognized for teaching 100% of the student body computer science in accordance with the computer science standards throughout the 2023-2024 school year. Pharr Elementary School was granted the CS100 All-In Award.
- The excellent work of student character is on display daily at Pharr Elementary. As a direct result, Pharr was recognized as a Distinguished Positive Behavioral Intervention Support school in March 2023 and will be featured in an upcoming video representing the school district.