Riverside Elementary School
Principal: Ben Pope
5445 Settles Bridge Road, Suwanee, GA 30024
The following school highlights showcase how Riverside Elementary School is fulfilling Gwinnett County Public School's four strategic priorities of Empathy, Equity, Effectiveness, and Excellence. Visit the School Profile Dashboard to find more detailed data on our school.
- Community service continues to be a top priority for Riverside students. Our holiday food drive and winter coat drive with the North Gwinnett Co-op, Linus Project with Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, and 5th grade class service project are just a few examples. Individual service projects also benefited the community throughout the school year.
- Riverside’s Relay For Life team raised over $25,000 to support cancer research, again making us the top GCPS elementary school Relay team.
- Student leadership can be seen in all that happens at Riverside and especially through our Be The Leader (BTL) Council and our Student Council. Members of these groups help make decisions that impact the entire school. They also help with special events like field days and international night.
- Our international night, also known as Around the World at Riverside, celebrated the diverse cultures represented at our school. Students and community members experienced each other’s cultures through song, dance, sports, artifacts, and food.
- The Rocket Readers Team modeled their enthusiasm for reading throughout the school year and won their division at the GCPS Readers Rally competition.
- Riverside’s robotics team learned about programming and working with robots. The team also participated in the district Robotics competition.
- Our student-led environmental club promoted school-wide recycling and coordinated weekly collections from classrooms.
- Now in its eighth year, Riverside’s Theatre Arts Program engaged students in public speaking, acting, interdisciplinary activities, and drama performances.
- The Riverside PTA is a strong advocate for teaching and learning. Because of the PTA’s support, teachers and students benefited from classroom grants, Science Fair resources, numerous cultural arts programs throughout the year, and a newly paved track around the playground. Riverside is so thankful for its top-notch PTA as well as the continuous support from our community!