Roberts Elementary School
Principal: Dr. Dion Jones
251 Buford Hwy, Suwanee, GA 30024
The following school highlights showcase how Roberts Elementary School is fulfilling Gwinnett County Public School's four strategic priorities of Empathy, Equity, Effectiveness, and Excellence. Visit the School Profile Dashboard to find more detailed data on our school.
- All students at Roberts Elementary School get the opportunity to take a Computer Science special. In this class, they learn the building blocks of how computers work; Laying the foundation for further coursework that they will be able to take in middle school.
- All students at Roberts Elementary School get the opportunity to participate in club including ART, Music, Girls on the Run, Dance, Sports, Math, Environmental, Chess, Good News, Drama, and Robotics.
- Roberts Elementary School had 10 students make the Honor Chorus. These students spent a weekend in Athens, GA at the Classic Center working with expert directors and performed a concert for parents and community members.
- Roberts Elementary School's Robotics Club won the Champions Award for Super Regionals and placed 3rd in state for Robotic Design.
- Roberts Elementary School's Chess Club was K-3 and K-5 Gwinnett Champions for the second consecutive year.
- Roberts Elementary School earned a CS100 Awards which recognizes elementary schools nationwide that commit to teaching at least ten hours of computer science to every K-5 student in the 2022-2023 school year.
- All students took part in our Kids to College program. In 5th grade, students research the college they want to attend and fill out an abbreviated application to learn about the college entrance process. These students also take part in our college/career fair held in May, and take a college field trip to a local college or university to tour the campus and learn about college life.
- The Roberts Elementary PTO continues to have strong membership among parents and 100% staff membership and raised more than $50,000 for the school’s annual PTO fundraiser to support programs and initiatives at Roberts.
- Roberts Elementary was named among the top 5% of schools in the state and nationally, according to Niche.com for academic excellence.
- Twenty 5th grade students were named Peer Leaders. They attended leadership conferences and served our younger students while helping support the North Gwinnett Co-Op with various donations throughout the year.