Rock Springs Elementary School
Principal: Allan Gee
888 Rock Springs Road, Lawrenceville, GA 30045
The following school highlights showcase how Rock Springs Elementary School is fulfilling Gwinnett County Public School's four strategic priorities of Empathy, Equity, Effectiveness, and Excellence. Visit the School Profile Dashboard to find more detailed data on our school.
- Rock Springs Elementary completed the first year of implementation as a PBIS school, focusing on celebrating our students' excellent behavior. We held quarterly behavior celebrations and ended the year with a behavior carnival for all students who maintained good behavior for the entire school year.
- Rock Springs supported numerous extracurricular clubs, including soccer, chorus, drama, art, and a running club. One of the drama highlights of the year was the performance of Willy Wonka Kids, with a cast of more than thirty students.
- Our school and district were well represented, with six Rock Springs students qualifying for the state-wide elementary honor chorus.
- Rock Springs is proud to be one of Georgia's most diverse elementary schools, with over 80 birth countries represented. An international night of celebration was held in April 2023 to celebrate our diversity, with parents and community members providing ethnic foods, games, dances, and various crafts for kids to make.
- Rock Springs has a thriving PTA membership and a PTA Board that provides numerous events throughout the school year, including a back-to-school dance, bingo night, fall carnival, and monthly events to get our students and families together.
- Rock Springs completed our first Play 2 Learn classes held weekly 90-minute sessions for the entire school year to support our birth to pre-k children and their families focused on building the capacity in parents to be their child’s first teacher as well as providing an opportunity for students to be in a group setting. A certified teacher modeled and facilitated activities utilizing best practices for readiness skills in Communication, Language and Literacy, Cognitive Development, Social-Emotional Development, Approaches to Play and Learning, and Motor Skill Development.