Rockbridge Elementary School
Principal: Lissette McRea
6066 Rockbridge School Road, Norcross, GA 30093
The following school highlights showcase how Rockbridge Elementary School is fulfilling Gwinnett County Public School's four strategic priorities of Empathy, Equity, Effectiveness, and Excellence. Visit the School Profile Dashboard to find more detailed data on our school.
- The Play 2 Learn program at Rockbridge has grown with each year of implementation. We reached our highest enrollment during the 2022-2023 school year by serving 26 early learners and their parents within two offered classes.
- Rockbridge Elementary continued Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support (PBIS) to create and maintain a positive school climate. PBIS encourages positive behaviors with recognition for those students who exhibit appropriate school behaviors.
- Rockbridge Elementary welcomed families through a series of family engagement events- Family Game Night, Screen on the Green, STEM and Science Night, Cookies and Milk Literacy Night, Family Spring Dance, and Skate Night.
- Rockbridge Elementary school partnered with Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority to share information and resources to our school community during our first Wellbeing Health Fair. This well-attended event included a mental health guest panel leading conversations on improving health and numerous wellness activities.
- Rockbridge Elementary School engaged in two-way communication with the school community through our Community Conversations events held at different community locations. This was a wonderful opportunity for families to engage in meaningful conversations with the principal.
- A Rockbridge Elementary School Council was established. The school council comprises a cross-section of stakeholders representative of our school community. This 17-member body has met five times this year to discuss Student Enrollment Data, Title I Budget, Discipline Data, Attendance Data, Positive Behavior Interventions (PBIS), and Joyful Learning. The Rockbridge Elementary School Council is an integral part of the decision-making process of our school.
- Rockbridge Elementary School implemented Joyful Learning with Kindergarten this 22-23 school year, and we have enjoyed seeing our youngest Mighty Mustangs begin their school day with collaborative play opportunities.
- Rockbridge Elementary hosted a community STEM and Fine Arts Night. Families engaged in fun STEM activities and enjoyed various fine arts performances.
- Rockbridge continued cultivating empathy and prioritized every student’s sense of belonging. Two Buddy Benches were installed on our playground to encourage inclusivity.
- Rockbridge continued to build relationships with families and increase opportunities for families to volunteer at the school. Parent volunteering shows the importance of family presence, engagement, and impact on student learning. Our awesome parent volunteers support numerous events and tasks.