Rosebud Elementary School
Principal: Brittany Holmes
4151 Rosebud Rd, Loganville, GA 30052
The following school highlights showcase how Rosebud Elementary School is fulfilling Gwinnett County Public School's four strategic priorities of Empathy, Equity, Effectiveness, and Excellence. Visit the School Profile Dashboard to find more detailed data on our school.
- Rosebud Elementary School is working to close gaps. Rosebud used iReady, a norm-referenced test, as a screener at the beginning of the year. The assessment was administered again in the middle of the school year, and each grade level showed significant gap closures in both reading and math for all grade levels.
- Rosebud had a significant decrease in the number of discipline incidents. We have male and female mentors, SEL (Social Emotional Learning) specials, and an additional counselor. Along with staffing changes, the Rosebud staff is required to show SEL lessons to students. This has a significant impact on student referrals. The district's average number of referrals for the 2022-2023 school year was 7% of the student population who received a referral. Rosebud elementary school had 3% of our student population who received a referral.
- Rosebud Elementary School was recognized by the Georgia Department of Education with Operational status for its implementation of Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) in the last school year. PBIS encourages positive behaviors with recognition for students who exhibit appropriate school conduct.
- Rosebud’s very proud to announce that Isaac Ibrahim, a 4th-grade student, achieved a perfect score on the Mathematics Georgia Milestones Assessment. We are so proud of Isaac and Ms. Gomes, his 4th-grade math teacher.
- STEM night was a massive success, with over 487 people in attendance. Vendors, universities, technology companies, and other institutions were present to support our STEM theme, "Science in Motion." Our literacy and multicultural nights were also well attended. We had the bookmobile and gave away hundreds of books to families.
- All Rosebud students had the opportunity to go on a field trip for the first time since the pandemic. Hundreds of parents came to support our field trip efforts. Rosebud rode in style on charter buses as we attended educational programs at the Tellus Museum and the Georgia Aquarium.
- Rosebud has several clubs (Girls are Pearls, Boys Soccer Club, Girls Soccer Club, Care Club, Student Council, Movie Club, Robotics Club, Sewing Club, and Financial Literacy Club). At the end of the year, all students show what they know during our Clubs Showcase. This year, our showcase included all the clubs and community vendors. Parents had the opportunity to sign their children up for summer camps in Gwinnett County and receive free resources. They also got to see their children perform and show their various talents.
- Rosebud’s annual STEM challenge was to design a boat to move at a high speed and hold a large volume. This year’s winners were: K - 2 First Place Winner - Sara Guillaume Herrera, K - 2 Second Place Winner - Aissatou Diallo, K - 2 Third Place Winner - Noah Esrael, 3rd - 5th grade First Place Winner - Mikah Smith, 3rd - 5th grade 2nd Place Winner - Tiago Rosa Mendez, 3rd - 5th grade 3rd Place Winner Alicia Williams.