Simonton Elementary School
Principal: Tamara G. Perkins
275 Simonton Road, Lawrenceville, GA 30045
The following school highlights showcase how Simonton Elementary School is fulfilling Gwinnett County Public School's four strategic priorities of Empathy, Equity, Effectiveness, and Excellence. Visit the School Profile Dashboard to find more detailed data on our school.
- Simonton Elementary School is committed to dynamic, high quality instruction resulting in a passion for learning, leading, and excelling. We hold fast to our core belief that “Every Student Every Day, Deserves to Learn, Lead, and Excel.”
- Students have multiple opportunities to be involved in extracurricular activities at Simonton Elementary School, such as Chorus, Robotics Club, Readers Rally Team, and Girls on the Run, which were sponsored by Simonton ES teachers. Clubs such as the Good News Club, and Code Ninja were also offered through an outside sponsor.
- Advanced Content classes are offered to gifted and high performing students in the area of math and reading.
- Mrs. Shannon Foster was recognized as Simonton Elementary School’s Teacher of the Year.
- Play2Learn, an early childhood program (birth to 4 years of age), is offered weekly at Simonton ES. This class is open to our school community and parents bring their children with them to the classes to participate in play-based learning.
- Parents and teachers work together to support the Simonton Elementary School PTA. The PTA provides additional support and activities for our students and school community.
- Five student entries for the 2022-2023 PTA Reflections contest moved on to compete at the state level. One student's PTA Reflections entry moved to the national competition.
- Simonton ES hosted several school-wide events, such as Literacy Night, STEM Night, International Night and a Black History program for our school community.
- We would like to thank our parents, community, and business partners for supporting our school and helping us create a warm and inviting school where student achievement is a priority and student success is celebrated.
- Simonton Elementary School was recognized by the Georgia Department of Education with Operational status for its implementation of Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) in the last school year. PBIS encourages positive behaviors with recognition for students who exhibit appropriate school conduct.