Simpson Elementary School
Principal: Taffeta Connery
4525 East Jones Bridge Road, Peachtree Corners, GA 30092
The following school highlights showcase how Simpson Elementary School is fulfilling Gwinnett County Public School's four strategic priorities of Empathy, Equity, Effectiveness, and Excellence. Visit the School Profile Dashboard to find more detailed data on our school.
- For 2022-2023, We had approximately 29 Area II Winners and 10 Special Education students participate in the PTA Reflections contest. Out of 30, 10 students’ entries advanced to the State competition after winning 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place at the County level and Special Artist Division.
- Our Odyssey of the Mind Student Club earned 2nd place at the Regional Tournament and 4th place at the state tournament.
- Simpson Robostars celebrated being in the top 10 at the district level of the FIRST LEGO league and participated in the Super Regional Division. The First Lego League helps our students through team building, team spirit, and displayed enthusiasm.
- Six Simpson Students participated in the GCPS Regional Science and Engineering Fair.
- Simpson was recognized as 2022 Taking Action Green & Healthy School in the Environmental Achievement Awards sponsored by Gwinnett Clean & Beautiful.
- Simpson Elementary was named one of the top 10 schools in GCPS to raise funds for the American Heart Association.
- Simpson’s staff and students raised more than $2,500 for Relay For Life and United Way.
- The Simpson Singers, our 5th-grade chorus, sang the national anthem at an Atlanta Braves game for the 27th consecutive year.
- GCPS Educational Effectiveness Surveys indicated that 90% of students agreed or strongly agreed that teachers care about them at school.
- GCPS Educational Effectiveness Surveys indicated that 99% of staff members stated that our school expects all staff to perform responsibilities with a high level of excellence.
- Simpson Elementary is a Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) school. PBIS encourages positive behaviors with recognition for students who exhibit appropriate school conduct.