Starling Elementary School
Principal: Dr. Crystal Cooper
1725 Grayson Hwy, Grayson, GA 30017
The following school highlights showcase how Starling Elementary School is fulfilling Gwinnett County Public School's four strategic priorities of Empathy, Equity, Effectiveness, and Excellence. Visit the School Profile Dashboard to find more detailed data on our school.
- Starling Elementary celebrated the inaugural National Jr. Beta Club cohort of 4th and 5th-grade students who worked together to learn leadership skills. They were honored for their achievement, (a) worthy, moral, and ethical character; (b) exemplary achievement and commendable attitude.
- Starling Elementary won high recognition and placed as the GCPS Reader's Rally Elementary School Champions.
- The Starling PTA was recognized at the Georgia PTA District 12 program for the “Soaring Above the Rest,” Awards of Excellence Honorable Mention, and the Oak Award for 100% membership participation from the staff.
- Starling Elementary celebrated culture and equity by celebrating it’s first International Day experience, where students, staff. And parents showed their cultural background and honored the differences of others in the school and community.
- All grade levels were able to attend field trips to various places in Georgia to be enriched and engaged in experiences that added value to their learning. Students were able to show their creativity in classrooms, activities, and project-based experiences such as Market Day, Communities, and other enjoyable showcase opportunities.
- Starling Elementary held two 90-minute weekly sessions of the Play to Learn program where children and their parents were able to learn many essential skills and strategies together. Through engaging lesson plans in a high-quality preschool environment, the students will be ready for kindergarten.
- Starling's All Pro Dad program welcomed fathers and their children to school to learn the essentials of building strong family values, engagement, and enjoyable experiences at home and school.
- Through Starling’s commitment to teaching 100% of our student's computer science in accordance with the computer science standards throughout the 2023-2024 school year, Starling Elementary School was granted the CS100 “All In” Award.
- All students were engaged in high-quality learning, which allowed students to show high growth in all subject areas. Students were honored at award ceremonies for their academic and behavioral achievements throughout the school year.
- All staff was engaged in high quality teaching and learning coupled with engagement in collaborative learning teams throughout the year. Staff presented to faculty in and out of the cluster and city. Many led initiatives, clubs and opportunities for students throughout the year.
- Starling Elementary is a Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) school. PBIS encourages positive behaviors with recognition for students who exhibit appropriate school conduct.