Susan Stripling Elementary School
Principal: Dr. Molly McAuliffe
6155 Atlantic Boulevard, Norcross, GA 30071
The following school highlights showcase how Susan Stripling Elementary School is fulfilling Gwinnett County Public School's four strategic priorities of Empathy, Equity, Effectiveness, and Excellence. Visit the School Profile Dashboard to find more detailed data on our school.
- Stripling Elementary is a “Computer Science for All” school. All students had the opportunity to take a Computer Science humanities class, along with P.E., Art, Music, Media Technology, and Counseling.
- Students at Stripling Elementary take advantage of multiple club and extracurricular activities, including Robotics, Chorus, Guitar Club, Girls on the Run, and Good News Club. The school also partners with both Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts of America.
- There are multiple mentoring programs available at Stripling Elementary. Everybody Wins! partnered with the school to offer the Power Lunch reading mentoring program for students. Paul Duke STEM High School continued their partnership with Stripling sending high school students on Fridays to mentor our 4th and 5th graders.
- Stripling Elementary held our inaugural Science and Engineering Fair this year sending two students to the Regional Fair.
- The Stripling Counseling Department held a “Careers on Wheels” day with community partner representatives speaking with grade levels K-5 to share about their jobs and get students excited for the future.
- Stripling Elementary hosted community events to celebrate Stripling families and strengthen home-school relationships, including International Night, STEAM Night, a Family Dance, Field Day, Holiday Candlelight Luncheon, cultural heritage month celebrations, Kindergarten and 5th grade celebrations, and a 5th grade promotion ceremony. Stripling Elementary teachers hosted workshops for families on topics including PBIS, ESOL, Literacy, and Math.
- Stripling Elementary School partnered with our parents and families throughout the year. The Parent Teacher Association (PTA) hosted a Winter Festival and Trunk-or-Treat events. The school Parent Center held English Classes, nutrition classes, and provided instructional resources to promote academic success for students. The School Council met regularly to provide input into schoolwide initiatives.
- Stripling was selected by Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta as a Strong4Life school, which provided a focus on healthy habits and nutrition throughout the school year.
- Stripling’s custodial team was again recognized for “exemplary custodial care” and Head Custodian of the Year.
- Stripling Elementary is a preferred education destination because our students and staff want to come to this school building every day.
- Stripling Elementary School was recognized by the Georgia Department of Education with Operational status for its implementation of Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) in the last school year. PBIS encourages positive behaviors with recognition for students who exhibit appropriate school conduct.