Sugar Hill Elementary School
Principal: Dr. Nick Boyers
939 Level Creek Road, Sugar Hill, GA 30518
The following school highlights showcase how Sugar Hill Elementary School is fulfilling Gwinnett County Public School's four strategic priorities of Empathy, Equity, Effectiveness, and Excellence. Visit the School Profile Dashboard to find more detailed data on our school.
- Sugar Hill Elementary was a National First Place winner in the Continental Math League in 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade. Students are assessed on their ability to solve analytical math problems.
- Sugar Hill Elementary had First Lego League (FLL) robotics teams in kindergarten-fifth grade. Students in FLL receive exciting hands-on learning experiences and gain real-world problem-solving skills through the global robotics program.
- Sugar Hill Elementary implemented its First Annual International Night with over 500 participants, 15+ countries represented, live performances, and interactive experiences for students and adults.
- Sugar Hill Elementary hosted four parent workshops to equip families with tools to develop the whole child. 550 people attend the parent workshops during the 22-23 school year. A portion of the evening was dedicated to family community building, including food, entertainment, and activities.
- All students at Sugar Hill Elementary participated in Career Day. Students learned about 19 professions from current practitioners.
- Sugar Hill Elementary provided 17 club offerings throughout the school year. Clubs included academic, interest, and fine arts-related opportunities.
- All students at Sugar Hill Elementary get the opportunity to take a Computer Science special. In these classes, they learn the building blocks of how computers work, laying the foundation for further coursework that they will be able to take in middle school.
- All kindergarten and third-grade students participated in the Joyful Learning program, where they experienced hands-on learning through play. Students engaged in problem-solving, collaboration, and critical thinking with their peers.
- Sugar Hill Elementary provided two Play 2 Learn classes for 38 children ages birth to five. Children learn through hands-on experiences, play, music, and storytelling.
- Sugar Hill Elementary School was recognized by the Georgia Department of Education with Distinguished status for its implementation of Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) in the last school year. PBIS encourages positive behaviors with recognition for students who exhibit appropriate school conduct.