Suwanee Elementary School
Principal: Dr. Mary B. Taylor
3875 Smithtown Road, Suwanee, GA, 30024
The following school highlights showcase how Suwanee Elementary School is fulfilling Gwinnett County Public School's four strategic priorities of Empathy, Equity, Effectiveness, and Excellence. Visit the School Profile Dashboard to find more detailed data on our school.
- Suwanee Elementary was recognized by the Georgia Department of Education for earning 100% on the 2022 College and Career Ready Performance Index.
- All Suwanee students participated in “Specials” instruction in PE, Art, Music, and STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics). Suwanee students are also given opportunity for advanced math, enrichment, and intervention instruction to support each student's learning needs.
- Suwanee Elementary Teacher, Mr. Michael Ho, was recognized as the 2022 Area II Gwinnett Council of PTAs Outstanding Educator of the Year
- Suwanee Elementary PTA was awarded the 2022 Award of Distinction by the Area II Gwinnett Council of PTAs in recognition of their hard work and dedication.
- Suwanee Elementary offers students the opportunity to engage in a variety of extracurricular activities like Chess Club, Readers Rally, Art Club, PE Club, Robotics, Odyssey of the Mind, Peer Leadership, Good News Club, Jaguars Running Club, Whiz Kids, All Pro Dads, Honors Chorus, and Suwanee Code Program.
- Eagle Scout and Suwanee Elementary alumni, Jacob Amsler, completed his Eagle Scout project. It involved a renovation of our school’s outdoor Bulldog space with beautiful benches and planters for all students to enjoy.
- Suwanee Elementary collected donations for the Children’s Hospital of Atlanta. Suwanee families and staff packed over 700 bags with snacks and notes of encouragement for families staying in the hospital.
- Suwanee Elementary’s Readers Rally Team was Division Champions for the 2nd year in a row. Nine 5th-grade students participated in the Gwinnett County Public Schools Elementary Honor Choir.
- Family Engagement Nights included our Arts and International Night, Story Night, Jaguar Fall Festival, and fun-filled Bingo.
- With the strong support of our Suwanee families, our school was able to add an Innovation Lab for all students to engage in learning. The lab includes an interactive Maker Space, Podcast space, STEM supplies, and a variety of new books.