Trip Elementary School
Principal: Lesley Hill
841 Cooper Rd, Grayson, GA 30017
The following school highlights showcase how Trip Elementary School is fulfilling Gwinnett County Public School's four strategic priorities of Empathy, Equity, Effectiveness, and Excellence. Visit the School Profile Dashboard to find more detailed data on our school.
- The academic achievement of our students on district, state, and national assessments continues to show exceptional progress. In addition, Trip Elementary offers a variety of leadership, enrichment, and club opportunities, including Jr. Beta and Student Council. Our students also may participate in the following clubs: Art, Chess, Chorus, Fitness, Good News, Guitar, Orchestra, Readers Rally, Robotics, Safety Patrol, French, STEM, and Technology.
- Trip Elementary has a thriving, award-winning French Dual Language Immersion (DLI) program. The program consists of kindergarten through fifth-grade students who are immersed in the French language during science and math class. Students will continue learning in both languages through high school graduation and graduate fully fluent in French. Upon high school graduation, they will also be eligible for a college minor in French.
- 2022 recipients of Label FrancEducation accreditation and the Empowering French and Francophone Studies grant. This is the sixth year in a row that Trip Elementary has received this accreditation and grant.
- Trip Elementary is a diverse school with over 62 countries represented by our student body. Trip Elementary celebrates this diversity throughout the year with projects developed by our Diversity and Multicultural Club. The club demonstrates excellence in three areas: Raising student achievement, enhancing students’ self-esteem, and collaborating with multiple stakeholders for the benefit of students.
- Trip Elementary gifted students received daily pull-out instruction during an intervention block focusing on teaching critical thinking skills. Additionally, 98% of first through fifth grade teachers are gifted certified. The school offers Advanced Content Math for qualifying students in second through fifth grade.
- Trip Elementary celebrates students through our Ram Recognition Program every nine weeks. Students are celebrated for academic progress, displaying good character, effort, and work ethic.
- We offer a variety of leadership, enrichment, and club opportunities, including Jr. Beta and Student Council. Our students also have the opportunity to participate in the following clubs: Art, Chess, Chorus, Fitness, Good News, Guitar, Orchestra, Readers Rally, Robotics, Safety Patrol, French, STEM, and Technology.
- Trip Elementary offers students many opportunities to learn through our Special Area classes. These classes support student learning across all areas of the curriculum, with music, art, physical education, science enrichment, technology, computer science, SEL, and drama.
- Trip Elementary’s PTA continues to have strong membership among parents and 100% staff membership. Trip Elementary students, staff, and community members generously support fundraising and community service projects, including United Way, Relay for Life, Jay's Hope, the American Red Cross, American Cancer Society, Great Days of Service, and Jump Rope for Heart.
- Trip Elementary is a Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) school. PBIS encourages positive behaviors with recognition for students who exhibit appropriate school conduct.