Margaret Winn Holt Elementary School
Principal: Lisa Glausier
588 Old Snellville Highway, Lawrenceville, GA 30046
The following school highlights showcase how Margaret Winn Holt Elementary School is fulfilling Gwinnett County Public School's four strategic priorities of Empathy, Equity, Effectiveness, and Excellence. Visit the School Profile Dashboard to find more detailed data on our school.
- Winn Holt’s Robotics Team received the “Best Robotics Design” award at the First Lego League Challenge competition at Discover High School in December 2022.
- Thirty Winn Holt’s Academic Competition Club members competed in the Regional Academic Bee in science, history, and geography. Twelve students won medals in their divisions and earned a spot as finalists in the national competition in the summer.
- Winn Holt students collected over 6,000 food items to donate to local area food pantries.
- Over 50 students participated in Winn Holt’s International Club this year. The club members participated in the Fall and Spring Chorus concerts. They participated and performed in our International Night, held at Central Gwinnett High School and in the Gwinnett Multicultural Festival as well as Multicultural Week in May.
- Fourth and Fifth-grade students submitted entries to the annual National Society Daughters of the American Revolution's annual essay contest. Winn Holt had three finalists and one first place winner in the contest. The winner was recognized in a ceremony by the members of the Philadelphia Winn chapter of the NSDAR in Gwinnett.
- Winn Holt’s clinic worker created a “Care Closet” for students with clothing, supply, and hygiene needs. She received over $900 in donations from local businesses and was featured in an article by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- The Winn Holt Coffee Cart sponsor and Teacher of the Year Semi-finalists runs a weekly coffee cart with the help of the school’s special education students. The Coffee Cart allows students to learn conversational skills as well as them being able to act as the cart’s Customer Service Representatives. The Cart sponsor applied for and received a monetary grant from the Central Gwinnett Foundation’s grant program.
- Winn Holt’s Head Custodian received this year's Head Custodian of the Year award. She has received the award for twenty-three years and holds the record for most years, receiving the award consecutively.
- Winn Holt has had the local school Teacher of the Year go on to the semi-finalist round of the GCPS Teacher of the Year recognition program in the past two years.
- Winn Holt Elementary School was recognized by the Georgia Department of Education with Operational status for its implementation of Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) in the last school year. PBIS encourages positive behaviors with recognition for students who exhibit appropriate school conduct.