Woodward Mill Elementary School
Principal: Dr. Sonya Brown
2020 Buford Dr, Lawrenceville, GA 30046
The following school highlights showcase how Woodward Mill Elementary School is fulfilling Gwinnett County Public School's four strategic priorities of Empathy, Equity, Effectiveness, and Excellence. Visit the School Profile Dashboard to find more detailed data on our school.
- Woodward Mill’s ESOL department proudly won two awards for Imagine Learning this year - The Out of this Universe Classroom Award and the Imagine Learning Shooting Star Student Award. The Out of this Universe Classroom Award is awarded to selected classrooms that met the Imagine Learning usage benchmark for the school year. The Imagine Learning Shooting Star Student Award is for their commitment to learning this school year (20+ hours usage). Our ESOL department also hosted events during the school year to promote parent involvement and home-school partnerships.
- Our school continued to partner with KIDS HOPE USA and North Metro Baptist Church to provide mentoring services to more than 20 of our students. This valuable partnership received positive feedback from students, parents, and teachers as many of the students have been with the same mentor for their entire elementary career here at Woodward Mill Elementary School.
- Students at Woodward Mill have the opportunity to join multiple clubs such as Readers Rally, Garden Club, Running Club, Robotics, Cubs Care, Student Council, and Safety Patrol. Our gardening club donated two large beautification planters at our school's entrance.
- Woodward Mill continues to participate in the Mountain View Cluster initiative for Gifted and Accelerated Programs. The initiative encourages teachers to integrate rigorous, differentiated, and accelerated lessons into daily instruction and student tasks.
- Woodward Mill proudly continues to grow its business and community partnerships, adding new members to our Partners’ Board in our main lobby. Our partners donate both time and funds to help our school continue providing a World Class Education to our Cubs.
- Woodward Mill proudly hosts parent/community involvement nights such as STEM Night where students can enhance their learning in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics. We also host an International Night where students can learn and celebrate the diversity of cultures represented by our students and families. We now have flags lining the hallways-each one being representative of a different country which highlights the diversity of our staff and students.
- Woodward Mill has continued to maintain its No Place for Hate designation, promoting a school culture of inclusivity and respect.
- Woodward Mill’s PTA is actively involved in the school by hosting a variety of activities such as the Bear Scare, Fun Run, Bingo Night, Denim & Diamonds Dance and Beauties & Buddies Dance; along with other evening events.
- Students and staff gave generously to several service projects during the school year, including Kids Heart Challenge, United Way, Relay for Life, Toys for Tots, and a holiday canned food drive.
- Our school’s head custodian, Semija Causevic, and the entire custodial staff were recognized for exemplary performance for custodial care for the 2022-2023 school year.