Dual Enrollment


  • Interested in Dual Enrollment?

    Participation for the Spring 2024 info session will be held on Wednesday, October 18, during all lunch/advisement periods in room 11.116.

    The session will take the entire period, so please bring your lunch to the meeting. This info session is for students who would like to participate in Dual Enrollment for Spring 2024 and are new to the program. 

    Comments (-1)

Required Dual Enrollment Documents

  • The Dual Enrollment Procedures and Steps document, linked below, lists the steps to complete the DE registration process. Please keep this checklist for your records. Each of the other documents is required. Please review all of these forms, sign, and return to Mrs. Salo or Mr. Walker in the Counseling Office in Building A. Click the A icon next to each file for more download and accessibility options.

    All Dual Enrollment paperwork for Spring 2024 is due November 1st. 

DE Helpful Links

Dual Enrollment: Class Selection Tips


    All students must take American Literature, typically during 11th grade / Junior year. If you register for Language Arts at college and take English 1101 and or 1102 which is usually called Advanced Composition, those classes will ONLY count for Senior Language Arts. They will not count for American Literature. You may take American Literature at college. However, some colleges require that you have prerequisites (usually English 1101 and 1102) completed before you are allowed to take American Literature. Be sure and check the college website or the list of classes offered on GAfutures.org.


    You must have completed Algebra II or Accelerated Geometry at Parkview before you will be allowed to take any math class at college. Also, many colleges require that you take a math placement test before you are allowed to register for a math class. Check the college website for more information.


    If you want to register for your fourth required science class at college, be careful of the course numbers and classes you choose. If you take the first semester of Biology (26.01200), first semester of Chemistry (40.05100), or the first semester of Physics (40.08100), those classes will not count as your fourth Science. You may take the class if you choose, and it will still go on your Parkview transcript; however, you will need to continue and take the next level of that same science class. The next level of that class will count as your 4th required science. You can also decide to take another science class on the GAfutures.org course directory if you prefer. For example, Astronomy, Earth Science, and Anatomy, would all count as a fourth science.


    You are required to take World History, U.S. History, Economics (1 semester), American Government (1 semester) to graduate from Parkview. If you take Economics at college, you can take Intro to Economics, Global Economics, Microeconomics, or Macroeconomics (45.06100). If you want to earn credit for American Government, the class at college must be American Government (45.05700, 45.0A484), not Political Science or any other Social Studies course.

    Please note that because the required Gateway exam covers U.S. History, if you are a rising Junior / 11th grader taking U.S. History for the first time, you are encouraged to take 2 semesters of U.S. History at all colleges except Georgia State University. Georgia State University students can take Survey of U.S. History / History 2110. It covers all of the standards from the high school U.S. History course. 


    Payment/Tuition for classes

    Only courses listed on the GAfutures.org course directory will be funded. Students are allotted funding for a maximum of 30 credit hours.

    10th graders

    Tenth graders must score a minimum of 1200 on the SAT or 26 on the ACT to be eligible to take academic classes at a college or university. If you do not achieve this score, you will only be eligible to take CTAE (technical) classes at a technical college. Speak to your counselor before registering for dual enrollment as a 10th grade student.