Welcome to "The Den"
Bienvenida a "La Guardia"
The College and Career Center "The Den" is located inside the cafeteria next to the Java Cafe’ (RM. 1.560).
The Den offers a wealth of resources, materials, and opportunities that students and parents can take advantage of in finding post-secondary options for College, Technical Schools, Military Careers, Work-Force Development and Scholarships.
Parents are welcomed to schedule an appointment to meet with Mrs. Kimbro, our College and Career Specialist.
APPRENTICESHIPS OR CRAFT TRAINING
- Explore possible crafts and salaries available in the construction industry.
- Apply for apprenticeships or craft training programs to earn money while learning a craft. Programs include a variety of length options, from one to six years.
- Research companies that have training programs set up through their headquarters, on job sites or through local associations to begin earning while learning directly out of high school.
- Earn industry-recognized credentials and certifications upon successful completion.
COMMUNITY COLLEGE OR TECHNICAL SCHOOL
- Research application steps at community colleges or technical schools of interest, including admission deadlines and requirements.
- Explore companies that pay new hires to attend technical or community colleges to get training at night while working during the day for an alternative to an earn while learning program.
- Earn college credit or industry-recognized certifications and credentials upon successful graduation.
- Research application steps at colleges and universities of interest, including admission deadlines and requirements. There are various four- and five-year programs that offer construction-related degrees from design, project management, estimating, human resources, architecture, engineering and safety.
- Explore companies that offer internships to begin gaining hands-on experience while in school and building connections in the industry.
- Earn degrees in construction or architecture-focused programs upon successful graduation and begin a career in the industry.
Hours: 7:30am - 3:30pm
SAT & ACT paper waivers will NOT be issued, only electronic codes will be emailed to students that qualify during the 2022-2023 school year.
First time testing fee waiver request, please contact Mrs. Kimbro or stop by the College & Career office.
If you (C/O 23') previously received a SAT testing fee waiver and used one of your testing opportunities during the 2021-2022 school year, your 2nd testing opportunity will automatically be in your College Board dashboard account. No additional SAT testing fee waiver will be issued.
Fee waivers are limited; issued first come, first served!
CLASS of 2022/2023: With the possibility of testing limitations (SAT/ACT), please research your potential college and university choices to see if they offer TEST OPTIONAL admission! Test Optional is when SAT/ACT scores are not required for admission. Test Optional Colleges 2021-2023
The Board of Regents for The University System of Georgia: Chancellor, Sonny Perdue has announced that ALL UNIVERSITY OF GEORGIA SYSTEM SCHOOLS, with the exception of Georgia Tech and University of Georgia, will be TEST OPTIONAL again this year. A GPA requirement will be posted on the college or university website required to take advantage of this option.
Example: Georgia College State University is test optional for students with a 3.2 GPA or higher on the Georgia Required High School curriculum.
For more information, see University System of Georgia
There are steps to follow to ensure your Zell Miller Scholarship is processed timely.
Agnes Scott College
Agnes Scott College currently has no application fee.
Female students are encouraged to apply (Early Application or Regular Application)
Early Decision - Early Action 1 - Early Action II - Regular Application
Optional: SAT or ACT scores. Test scores are optional & Optional: Complete a virtual or in-person interview with your admission counselor.
The Agnes Assurance Scholarship is for all students applying for the Fall 2023 school year. If you are admitted to Agnes Scott for Fall 2023, you will receive either The Agnes Assurance Scholarship (a $23,000 merit-based scholarship renewable for four years) or a higher merit-based scholarship ranging from $24,000-$26,000.
Charleston Southern University
Fall 2023 applications are still open and FREE!