Roaring Readers Book Club
4th and 5th Graders
Sponsors: Ms. Scott and Mrs. Benefield
Are you wild about reading? Then Roaring Readers Book Club is for you! Roaring Readers promotes reading with students who read and comprehend on grade level and enjoy discussing books.
Only 20 students will be selected to participate in our book club. If you meet the below listed criteria, get an application from Ms. Scott in the library.
Roaring Readers must:
- Read and comprehend on or above grade level
- Enjoy participating in book discussions
- Read at least 2 chapter books per month and write questions or a summary about each
- Be available to meet the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month (September thru February)
- Have reliable transportation for prompt 4 pm dismissal
Applications will be due Friday, August 21, 2020.
The final goal of this club is participating in the Gwinnett County Readers Rally, a competition between elementary schools in a "Quiz Bowl" format using the selected books. A team of 10 students will be selected from club members in December. We will meet weekly in January and February to prepare for the February 27, 2021 competition. If you have questions, please contact Ms. Shannon Scott at 770.232.3378 during school hours.