What can we do for you?
- 14,000 print resources, plus access to an extensive online research library from school and from home (through eCLASS). Password sheets are available in the media center or through the link on your My eCLASS page
- 45 periodical /magazine subscriptions; 1 local newspaper printed three times per week and 1 digital daily paper
- 35 desktop computers
- 27 Chromebooks for use in the media center
- Printing ($)
- Copy machine ($)
- Space for 80 sitting at tables, with whiteboards available for group work
- Bulletin board paper
- Workstation with tools including die-cut machine, hole punch, scissors, markers, tape, etc.
- For teachers:
- laminating services
- poster printing services ($)
- professional library of print and online resources
- Equipment check-out, including laptop carts, external CD-ROM drives, document cameras, still and video cameras, and portable audio-visual equipment
Lab and Resource Scheduler
Teachers may reserve a computer lab, laptop or Chromebook cart, or time and space in the media center, using the Lab and Resource Scheduler website. Please contact Donna Bunson if you do not know your login.
Media and Technology Policies and Procedures
Forget your PASSWORD? Your academic teachers are able to reset your computer/eCLASS password. You can also come to the media center for help.
What do I need to check out a book? Only your student number.
How many books may I check out at one time? Three. One of the three can be a reference book. You may keep your books for 2 weeks, and then you may renew books one time to keep them an additional 2 weeks.
Are there fines if I don't get my books back on time? No, but there is a charge if you never return your book. GCPS assesses a standardized charge for lost books: the fees are $20.00 for a hardback book, $10.00 for a softcover book, and $50.00 for a reference book.
Do I need a pass to come to the media center? When you are supposed to be in a class or Guided Study, you need a pass from an academic teacher. Before and after school you don't need a pass. During lunch you may come with a pass from a teacher. All students must sign in upon arrival and must sign out upon departure.
Can I eat my breakfast or lunch in the media center? Sorry. No food or drink is allowed in the media center other than water bottles. Please do not place water bottles on the tables with computers.
Can I print or make a photocopy in the media center? Yes. Each black and white page costs 10 cents. Color pages cost 50 cents, and a front and back brochure is $1.00. Students are encouraged to purchase a copy punch card on MyPayments Plus. Please ask us if you have questions about printing before you send the print job. You will need to pay for pages printed in error.