On-going research shows that family and community engagement at school improves student achievement, attendance, and parent's confidence in their children's education.
Centerville Elementary School is always in need of great volunteers like you!!!
Volunteer Opportunities Include:
- Help shelve books in the media center.
- Help make learning activities.
- Help monitor students in the cafeteria.
- Read to students.
- Help with school celebrations and activities.
Parent Outreach Liaison
Our Parent Center and Media Center collaborates together to host a Guest Reader Program. Parents and community members are invited to read to students in their classrooms.
Dont know what to read? Dont worry! We take all the guess work out of it and provide pre-selected books for you to choose from.
Guest Reader dates are:
September 13, 2019
November 08, 2019
March 06, 2020
Local School Council
LOCAL SCHOOL COUNCIL
Local School Councils (LSCs) across the state of Georgia are advisory groups, actively involved in public schools and dealing with issues related to the following:
- Improving communication and participation of parents and the community in the management and operation of local schools;
- Bringing communities and schools closer together in a spirit of cooperation to solve difficult education challenges;
- Improving academic achievement and providing support for teachers and administrators;
- Bringing parents into the school-based decision-making process;
- Bringing parents and the community together with teachers and school administrators to create a better understanding of and mutual respects for each other’s concerns; and
- Sharing ideas for school improvement and student learning.
The LSC will meet 4 times throughout the year to discuss how they can best meet the educational needs of our students. The dates are listed below. Please let us know if you would like to be a part of our LSC. Your voice is needed! Your involvement is welcomed!
- September 20, 2019 7:30am (Centerville ES - Conference room)
- November 14, 2019 9:00am (TBA)
- January 17, 2020 7:30am (Centerville ES - Conference room)
- March 13, 2020 7:30am (Centerville ES - Conference room)
PTA is seeking individuals with drive to fill the vacant committee positions in both assistance and leadership roles for several standing (year-round) and special (one-time) committees. We need volunteers to run and assist the programs and activities. Please see our complete list of committees here.
If you or someone you know is interested in any of these leadership positions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t see one that is suited to your talents or your child’s needs? Then pitch your idea to the Executive Board of Directors by email or send a note in to your child’s teacher to be placed in the PTA mailbox. The Board meets the second Tuesday of the month.
Our Children Need You
Our PTA helps raise the much needed funds, support, and man-power for our students and the school staff. PTA also helps build strong community spirit by hosting and/or supporting various events all year long, and advocate for our children, Centerville Elementary, the Shiloh cluster, and Gwinnett County at any and every opportunity.
For more information, click here.
To become a PTA Member, click here.
WatchDOGS (Dads of Great Students):
Dads of Centerville Elementary School students help around the school for the day. WatchDog Dads is an innovative father involvement, educational initiative of the National Center For Fathering. There are 2 primary goals of the WATCH D.O.G.S. ®
- To provide positive male role models for the students, demonstrating by their presence that education is important.
- To provide extra sets of eyes and ears to enhance school security and reduce bullying.
For more information click here.
Parent Outreach Liaison