Mill Creek Counseling
There are six professional counselors at Mill Creek High School who assist students through academic advisement, classroom guidance, counseling, consulting, and coordinating special programs. The counselors provide numerous opportunities for students to satisfy graduation requirements, explore their interests, plan for the future, and cope effectively with life's challenges.
Students and parents are encouraged to schedule appointments to see their counselor in the Counseling Office through Kristi Gambill, the Counseling Secretary. In order to provide students with individual attention and the opportunity to get to know their counselor, student counselor assignments are done across grade levels based upon the student's last name and special programs. For a complete listing of counselors, please visit the Counselor Contact Page.
The College & Career Center
This student resource is located in the counseling office and students may visit before and after school, or during the day by appointment. Our College and Career Specialist assists with scholarship searching, registering for the SAT/ACT, college applications and preparation, as well as college/career exploration and planning. Assistance with college or scholarship application completion is also provided.
Transcripts are requested in the Counseling offices from Mill Creeks Records Clerk, Sythan Jarvis. There is a $5 charge. Transcripts will be available for pickup no later than 48 hours after they have been requested.
Student records requests must be made in person in the Counseling office. Records will be available for pickup no later than 48 hours after they have been requested.
Final Transcript Request Process (May 2023)
Please read all of the instructions below to request a final transcript.
1. If your transcript is going to a college or university in Georgia, you will need to send your transcript through GAfutures.org. Directions on how to send it can be found HERE. Please remember, Mill Creek must have your social security number on file for you to send your transcript. You can request your transcript on GAfutures.org beginning June 12, 2023. Do not request before that date or the transcript sent will not be your final transcript.
2. If you are not attending a college or university in Georgia and need a paper copy, go to https://www.mypaymentsplus.com/welcome and pay the $5 fee per transcript request for paper copies of your transcript.
3. Pick up your final transcript from the front office beginning June 12, 2023. You will need to mail your transcript to your requested college.
4. After that day, requested and paid-for transcripts will be available for pick-up after 48 hours from the front office through the end of July 2023.
5. Naviance will not be used to send FINAL transcripts.