Policies and Procedures
- Kindergarteners and first graders may check out one book at a time.
- Second graders through fifth graders may check out two books at a time.
- Books are checked out for a two week period, and may be renewed if there is not already a hold on the book.
Lost and Damaged Books:
- If a student loses or damages a book, there is a charge of $15 for a hardback book and $5 for a paperback book. If a lost book is found and has been paid for, a refund will be issued.
- We do not charge overdue fines.
Visiting the Media Center:
- Every class has a scheduled time to visit the Media Center every week. In addition, we have flexible scheduling to allow students to come in small groups for book return, checkout, and research.
- All students who come to the Media Center are expected to be curious, kind, and respectful.
- Students love the Book Fair! We hold two Book Fairs each year, usually in the fall and then in late spring. We welcome parent volunteers!
- We welcome volunteers from the community to help with circulation, reading the shelves, inventory, Book Fair, and repair of books. If you would like to volunteer, please call the Media Center at 770-582-7582.