Summerour Middle School
OUR Students. OUR School. OUR Community. OUR Future.
9:15 AM - 10:15 AM Team Emory (8) Awards Celebration
10:30 AM - 11:30 AM Team UGA (8) Awards Celebration
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM Team GA State (8) Awards Celebration
2:15 PM - 3:15 PM Team GA Tech (8) Awards Celebration
Summerour Middle School will ignite academic excellence and character building by creating opportunities for all students to be successful in a multicultural world.
Summerour Middle School, in keeping with principles of the International Baccalaureate Organization, is committed to developing motivated learners who are able to apply cross-curricular, intercultural knowledge and skills to life in both the local and global communities.
Schoolwide Progress Report will be mailed home on the first Friday of each month
For Semester 1
- September 4
- October 2
- November 6
- December 4
Semester 1 Report Cards: 1st Friday Back in January
For Semester 2
- February 5
- March 5
- April 2
- May 7
S2 Report Cards go home May 22
#GCPSStrong: Help us celebrate employees who have made a difference for students this year!
The 2020–21 school year has been a successful, yet challenging, year for our school community. However, our students, their families, and our faculty and staff have all worked together to show that together we are GCPSStrong.
Now, more than ever, your thanks, encouragement, and celebration of GCPS staff members is a meaningful way to show how much our community values public education and appreciates those who have helped our students through this challenging time.
Here are just a few ways to show your support:
· Send an eCard to a GCPS staff member! Visit , select one of five designs and complete the eCard submission form.
· Download printable Thank You Sheets! Families can print sheets with the same colorful designs to share a handwritten note with their child’s teachers, driver, school nutrition team, and other staff members! Find the printable sheets on our GCPSStrong web page: https://www.gcpsk12.org/gcpsstrong
· Say “Thank You” on your social media accounts! Join us in thanking these folks and all GCPS employees with a Thank You!” post on your social media accounts, using the #GCPSStrong hashtag.
· Add a #GCPSStrong profile frame! Show your support for GCPS and our students, staff, and schools with a #GCPSStrong profile frame on your Facebook account! For detailed instructions for adding a social media frame to your Facebook profile picture (and a how-to for sharing your new profile picture on other platforms), go to our GCPSStrong web page: https://www.gcpsk12.org/gcpsstrong
GMAS (a.k.a. Milestones) & Final Exam Schedule
Dates are also available on the calendar at the top of this page.
Two Parent Surveys
GCPS RBES Parent Survey
Georgia Dept. of Education
Special Education Parent Survey
January 19 to May 31
Each state is required to conduct a parent survey to measure parent and family perceptions for families raising a student with a disability. This survey helps states determine parents' perception of the success of parent engagement between home and local schools. This information is a component of Georgia's performance plan and data collected is reported as a percentage of parental involvement in the annual performance report for each district.
- Available to all families of students with disabilities in all Georgia public schools
- Available in English & Español
- Administered online at this address:
- Survey link is available from January 19 - May 31, 2021
*Be sure to selected Gwinnett County as your district, or you won't be able to find your school(s)
Degrees and Certifications:
Dr. Natalie Looney
Welcome back to Semester 2 of the 2020-2021 school year!
We are family! It is not just a catchy song from the 70’s. Our teachers, our families, and our community work together to ensure our students are successful. We began this year 100% virtual, and then moved to some students learning at home and some students learning at school. Both groups of students have continued to remain on track for learning during this pandemic.
It is a true testament to the hard work and dedication of the faculty and staff at Summerour Middle School. It is also reflective of the support from our parents, families, and our community. I am proud to say that all Summerour Middle students have access to the technology they need to participate in their studies. Our students are learning new skills each day as they master online learning. These skills will be beneficial to them in high school, college and the world of work.
As an IB School, we focus on making a difference in this world. The students who sit in our classrooms, whether Roomies or Zoomies, are ready to take on that challenge. We will not let this pandemic hold us back from realizing our future aspirations. Our students are learning to think critically and examine different perspectives. Our students are also learning that perseverance plays a key role in achieving future goals.
Together, we are family, and we will take steps to secure a brighter future for the students of Summerour. Thank you for your support, belief, and hard work to make this happen. Let us use this second semester to start building the future we want for OUR children.
Dr. Natalie Looney